第12章:イベントの時間

CHAPTER 12: Event time

'On your marks,' Akaashi spoke nonchalantly like he always did. He had his timer ready. 'Get set.'

'Godspeed, Akaashi! My legs are begging me to sprint already!' Bokuto interrupted loudly.

Akaashi sighed inwardly. 'If you didn't interrupt me, the match would have started by now.' He replied.

Bokuto fell silent.

'I'm going to win the hell out of this and you guys are treating me for the whole day.' Kuroo beamed.

'Nu-uh! The winner will be me, that's for sure!' Oikawa disagreed with confidence.

'Oikawa-san, watch your mouth 'cause I'll be finishing this faster than you will.' Sorano interjected.

Kise snorted. 'Excuse me, people. I'm right here, your only hope.' He bragged.

'Enough chats,' Akaashi's voice was louder this time. They were quiet as told. He cleared his throat and held up the timer in his hand. 'Ready, go!' he simultaneously pressed the START button and the timer began counting.

The five of them began running at full speed, across the sand and into the ocean to grab the red flag that was partially buried further into the ocean. The first to grab them and come back would win but fighting is not a restriction. They can fight, they can punch, they can combat with each other and the last man standing would win.

'What are they, kids?' Shino sighed. 'I'm embarrassed.'

'I've been his friend for more than 10 years, I'm immune to his stupidity.' Iwaizumi replied, not even sparing a glance at the playful kids.

'Akaashi-san sure is taking it so well,' Kageyama commented. 'I'm going to buy some juices.' And he headed off.

'Yeah, he's kind of used to Bokuto's dramas so this is, so to say, only the beginner's level of stupidity.' Iwaizumi said.

'Look at his nonchalant face.' Shino laughed.

At first, Kuroo was leading since he owns a pair of long legs. Then Bokuto's determination pushed him forward and he was first. However, Sorano was right behind him, only inches away and she overtook him easily. Bokuto was defeated by Oikawa next, followed by Kise and then Kuroo was behind all of them, complaining unintelligibly.

Sorano grabbed the flag but she wasn't strong enough to lift it off the pile of sand underneath. Oikawa reached where she was struggling and easily snatched the flag from her.

'Oikawa-san!' she yelled and chased after her. When Kise saw Oikawa was running away with the flag, he made a U-turn and went after the two of them. Kuroo was smarter, he wasn't even halfway to the checkpoint and he waited for Oikawa to run past him.

When Oikawa did, he grabbed his sleeve and pulled him so hard, Oikawa fell into the water horribly, and Kuroo used the chance to steal the flag. Kuroo was successful and he ran back to the starting point to claim his prize.

But Kise was underwater, and he pulled Kuroo's legs as hard as he could. Kuroo fell on his knees and he lost his grip on the flag. Kise took the flag away and ran away as fast as he could.

Akaashi blew the whistle. 'Kise Ryouta wins!' he announced. Kise grinned widely. On cue, a ball of sand landed on his beautiful face, resulting in him backing off a few steps before falling on his butt. Everybody burst out in laughter except for Akaashi who merely shook his head at the violence.

It originated from Sorano and soon after, the contestants participated in the sand-throwing game. 'Go register yourself for Miss Universe Japan if you have that much of a beautiful face!' Kuroo yelled and threw the sand at him.