Chapter Forty-Five | Second World

[ 45 ]

As promised, The Pantheon had first-dibs to the headline story that Hisaya's team happily handed to them. They showed their efficiency by scrapping their pre-planned story, which was scheduled to go out the very next day, and instead opted to broadcast the new one which had landed on their laps.

This one was far juicier.

When the first draft was completed, with the large team working as a unit, it was sent to their boss to look over, and give his overall impression. Needless to say, when the man saw it, he was very satisfied. The man had been in the business for many years, and he knew a good story when he saw one. But, as per the contractual-agreement, the PDF was sent from their offices to a screen on the other side of the Commercial District.

They only had to wait around half an hour before an email pinged back. Along with a few words of praise, there was an image attached. The editorial team beamed when they opened it, rushing to change the image that was on the original.

With a few more tweaks, it was sent to print.

And the next day, a newspaper landed on Hisaya's desk. Taking a drink from his large-mug of tea, he picked it up and admired the front page. His teams hard work hadn't gone to waste. Neither had the photograph he had managed to find, in an old box, when helping Chiharu clean up. He praised the skills of the editors at The Pantheon, who had managed to take the dark photograph, and touch it up so the faces of the children could be seen.

One of the orphans was Hisaya himself. He was standing shoulder-to-shoulder with other Omegas of all ages. From what Chiharu had said, she was trying to advertise the business by having the photograph taken, but ultimately it failed because to do more advertisement and branding, it cost money she ultimately didn't have. But she still kept the image.

Most of the children were trying to force a smile, even though their clothes were in tatters and they looked slightly malnourished. Whilst Hisaya was one of the few who had no intention of hiding how he truly felt. He looked miserable; wounded. Which made it the perfect image for the front cover of a newspaper.

Especially considering this picture showed the state of the building behind them. Exposed the name of the old orphanage and charity. Then, further down the article, were a few more snapshots. These were of the new 'Giving Hope' charity. One which was clearly endorsed by the 'once vulnerable, orphaned Hisaya Reo' and his 'prosperous business'.

"What did you think of the article?" Hisaya asked as Yoshiaki stepped into the office. The other man had been completely immersed in his own work that he had, once again, been taken by surprise by his little bosses actions. Not only from Hisaya, but the whole team too.

There was a time where, pre-accident, the Omega became almost incapable of doing his own work. He had been more than happy to hand the job to Yoshiaki. Now, the young man didn't hold back, he was more than happy to take the bull by the horns.

Yoshiaki approached the desk and set down some folders. "It sends a message."

Hisaya slid the folders round the desk so they sat in front of him, "And do you think it'll do the job before the charity event?"

"Undoubtedly." He produced a list that he had kept separate, one that Hisaya happily received. "There are a few who want to endorse Omega charities but since it's either Hiromasa's and now your own, they're wary. They don't want to, quite literally, get caught in the middle of the current situation."

The young boss hummed understandingly, eyeing the many names. After a few silent minutes, Hisaya glanced towards his assistant. "Are all the names on here?"