11

Larry nodded and pointed at his daughter like he had just remembered the real situation at hand. He ran to the edge of the railing.

"All right. I need everyone to listen up." When no one listened, Holly gave it a try.

"Come on, assholes! Listen up!" Still no one listened causing Holly to bubble with anger. She was calmed down however by Ahkmenrah placing his hand on her lower back. Holly immediately tensed up at the touch, which caused the pharaoh to remove his hand as quick as possible, like he hadn't released he had done it in the first place. The pair still didn't look at each other making the situation much more tense.

"QUIET!" The easter island head yelled, it echoed throughout the museum, actually making the alive exhibits shut up and stop what they were doing.

"My dumb dumb wants to speak." The head said after everything was silent.

"Thank you." Larry said, "Now this here is King Ahkmenrah. His tablet is what brings you to life every night, and those old night watchmen, they stole it! Now we need to find those guards and get the tablet back. And we need to do it before morning."

"Civil War guys," they stood to attention, "head over to the planetarium wing. My explorer friend whose name escapes me."

"It's Columbus." Nicky and Holly said at the same time, causing their dad to be hit with realisation.

"Right Columbus. I'm sorry, there's no name plate so.." Larry apologised "Columbus, take the Neanderthals and do a sweep from Invertebrates all the way through Reptiles. Jed and Octavius, their vans out back, go take care of it"

"Woah woah, no sir. I ain't going with toga boy."

"Romans work alone." Octavius said, causing Jed to hit him.

"That didn't hurt. Don't be a baby."

"Yes it did."

"Come on. Ah! That was much harder!"

"Come on, guys! Jed, Octavius. Take away the fact you were born 2000 years apart, you guys aren't that different."

"You're both great leaders!" Holly butted in, wanting to be a part of the inspirational speech she could tell her dad was about to blurt out.

"Yes! You just want what's best for your people right?"

"Yeah." They said simultaneously, turning away from each other.

"Civil War dudes. You guys are brothers for gods sake. You gotta stop fighting... North Wins, slavery's bad. Sorry to burst your bubble. But south you get Allman Brothers and NASCAR, so just chill."

"Look without that tablet, all of this, this whole coming to life at night thing, it all goes away. Now I don't wanna let that happen, but I need your help. We can get this done, but we gotta do it together. So who's with me?"

Holly began to cheer for her dad, clapping her hands and the other began to join in. She hugged her dad, tightly, showing her amazement.

"All right! Now let's do this people, and animals and weird faceless puppet creatures. Let's go!"

- i'm updating this please be proud of me. i have my gcse's atm so writing time has been limited (i haven't been doing it at all) but i actually had this pre written so why not ya know? i have a week off next week so might write more and update instead of revising because i'm already failing my exams so... but i'm sorry for the wait and if i don't update through the time i'm off i won't until mid june after exams have finished
- emily x