Three- Waiting

Pandora and Talia waited for Maddie and Crystal to return and dish out the details of meeting children from the Isle of the Lost

Pandora's phone buzzed. A notification from Fairy Godmother.

Fairy Godmother: Students there is no classes today as we would like to let the new transfers start fresh tomorrow. Classes will resume as scheduled tomorrow.

Pandora cheered to herself. She could have time to finish her project for Merryweather's Life Skills Without Magic class.

"No school today." Pandora said to Talia who had dozed off and hadn't heard a word she said.

Pandora rolled her eyes at her friend who seemed to like to sleep a lot.

She pulled out a poster for her project which was surprisingly on the Isle of the Lost.

It wasn't surprising to say the least.  They were to research their parents' villain like they had many times before.

Pandora scrolled through her laptop until she came upon an article about Captain Hook.

"There isn't a boy who won't enjoy working for Captain Hook, the worlds most famous crook" the headline read under his name.

Pandora laughed slightly.

The Villainous pirate captain of the Jolly Roger, and lord of the pirate village in Neverland, where he was widely feared. Most importantly, he is the nemesis of Peter Pan. It is said that Hook was Blackbeard's right hand man, and that he was the only man Long John Silver ever feared.

She'd have to research who Long John Silver was. And Blackbeard too.

Hook wears an iron hook in place of his hand, which was cut off by Peter Pan and eaten by a crocodile. The crocodile liked the taste so much, he follows Hook around constantly, hoping for more. Luckily for Hook, the crocodile also swallowed a clock, so Hook can tell from the ticking when he is near. Hook hates Peter obsessively and lives for the day he can make Peter and all his Lost Boys walk the plank. And maybe the Darling Family while he was at it?

Smee is Captain Hook's right-hand man yes, but Smee was not First Mate: Starkey was.

That didn't really match the story her father told her but she wasn't complaining.

Captain Hook was sent to the Isle of the Lost like all the other villains after the first proclamation of King Beast. So the day never came that he saw Peter Pan fall. That day never came. We can't forget me, Wendy Darling who helped Peter Pan capture Captain Hook so he could be sent to the Isle where he will stay for the rest of his life.

Her mother wrote this article? She hadn't expected that.

Captain Hook has three children. Harriet his eldest daughter, Harry his only son and CJ his youngest daughter. Smee also has children Sammy his eldest son, Sam his only daughter, and Squeaky and Squirmy his youngest twin sons. You can find more on them here.

Pandora clicked on the here button scrolling through the profiles. They didn't seem so bad. Sure their father was a villain but they hadn't committed any crimes.

Pandora closed out of everything, shutting her laptop, writing down the necessary things on her poster and printing out a picture of Captain Hook.

Now she was curious.

She wanted to learn more about her father's nemesis. She wanted to learn more about the Isle. From the article it seemed her mother had been on the Isle to report on Captain Hook's whereabouts after he was exiled to the Isle.

Her father had a way of going to the Isle, she knew that much. But she didn't know how he did it. How he managed to evade the barrier just so he could do his daily taunts of Captain Hook.

It was strange how he was able to do it when she knew no one in the Isle could escape with the barrier in place. But how could he? He'd been doing it for years. It'd always been in his schedule to bother Captain Hook and she hadn't really paid it any mind.

She thought maybe he called him or something but then she learned there was no WiFi on the Isle of the Lost which she found kind of tragic.

A world without WiFi? How did they survive.

But to them it probably didn't even matter. The lack of WiFi wasn't what was killing them. It was the lack of magic.

Who were the witches without their potions?

Who were the fairies without their wings?

Who were the wizards without their spells?

That probably was the only thing that bothered them most about being on the Isle. Or perhaps it was living in filth while the Auradonians parades around on perfect carriages and wealth.

They had lost everything. Their identities. Their lives. Their homes.

Pandora almost felt bad for them.

Almost.

They'd committed unspeakable crimes. They'd almost ruined so many happily ever afters. But that was twenty years ago. Maybe they could have changed if they weren't sent to the Isle...

A knock was heard at her door, Pandora opened it and Crystal stood outside of it.

"Hey Pandora." Crystal said. "I'd like for you to meet the new Isle transfers."

"Where are they?" Pandora asked. "I don't see anyone."

"They're waiting over at the end of the hall. Come and meet them."

"Are they like we thought they'd be?" Pandora whispered, as Crystal peered through her doorway.

"I think they are just misunderstood." Crystal said. "They've been on the Isle for so long. They just need to settle in. Give them time." Crystal pointed at Talia. "I swear all she does is sleep. Through classes. Through mealtimes. I don't know how long she ever stays awake."

"She's Tals." Pandora said. "That's what makes her special."

"Well wake her up." Crystal said. "I want her to meet them too."

Pandora sighed walking over to Talia's bed.

"Hey Tals." Pandora said, tapping her. "Wake up."

Talia woke up instantly, looking around. It was a good thing she was able to be awoken so quickly when she fell asleep. It helped when the teacher called on her to make sure she was paying attention.

"Why have I been awoken from my slumber?" Talia asked.

"Come meet the new kids." Pandora said.

"They're here." Talia said. "As in here here. Now Auradon here."

"They are." Crystal said. "Let's not keep them waiting."