Taking Her Place

The threat on war loomed overhead as the trio had begun to conjure a plot that would postpone the war effect

The threat on war loomed overhead as the trio had begun to conjure a plot that would postpone the war effect. Tate and Fox had gathered whatever information they could from guards while Nia questioned Octavia's motives. With all the information they had all they needed was a window to seize it.

But before any of that could be address Nia had been in search of Gaia. The question of Madi's blood status had been on her mind. It was dangerous territory to venture in with Octavia in charge.

"You've taken quite a liking to Madi." Nia announced from the doorway of the room. Gaia sucked in a breath at the thought of some else knowing. She would go to extreme measures to ensure the safety of the sacred blood.

"It wouldn't happen to be because she's a natblida, would it?" Nia asked but received no reply. "Well of course not. After all the Flame is gone and the time of the commanders is over, isn't it?" But again Gaia didn't respond. "Or maybe the Flame hasn't been destroyed at all. Does Octavia know?"

"Yes." Gaia tried to convince facing Nia.

"No, she doesn't. If she did, it would've been destroyed a long time ago." Nia stated making Gaia reach for her blade and hold it to Nia's throat.

If it had been anyone else then she would've killed them without hesitation. But since her return Nia had made quite a presence among Wonkru.

"I'm not your enemy, Gaia. In fact, I you should pay more attention to facts and observations. You never know what you might find out." Nia encrypted before walking toward the door. "Word of advice, act like you have no interest."

Gaia stood there in a daze not understanding her meaning. What facts was she missing? What was she not seeing?

Nia had followed Octavia and the others as they approached the surveillance room that had been set up for Monty. A guard had given Octavia a tip off and there was nothing Nia or Indra could do from preventing her from seeing for herself.

The group's head snapped to the ones that had entered quickly silencing whatever conversation they had been having. The screen behind Monty now had images of Polis.

"The spy did her job?" Octavia spoke curious to what was happening.

"We were just about to send for you. Told you Echo would get it done." Bellamy stated quickly.

"Can the enemy still see us?" Octavia asked.

"For now, yes.  It's technical, but-" Monty went to explain but Cooper interjected.

"He has to run a loop to mask our troop movements.  When the time comes, we need to clear the surface to reduce the risk of anyone noticing the same people moving in the same direction again and again. " Cooper informed before the group could try and change Octavia's decision to attack.

"Well done, Monty. Load the worms into the Rover and mobilize the army. War is here." Octavia exited the room.

They all met inside the office to discuss the battle beforehand. A drawn map of the valley laid on it as well as Madi could describe.