Chapter Five

Luke's P.O.V

"Hey, Luke," Kason said as we were walking out of room 204. "Can you wait for just a moment?"

"Sure," I smiled and moved out of the way of the horde of people.

"Thanks," Kason said as he caught up with me, trying not to get run over by the others. "I was going to ask you this, but I completely forgot because of Cal I, but what is your schedule? Do we have any more classes together?"

"We can compare, I just need to get out my schedule first," I said as I pulled out my folded schedule from my pocket. I unfolded it and looked at my next class, which started in twenty minutes. "It says here that I have Chemistry with Dr. Knapp from 2:40 to 4:00 p.m. and Theatre Appreciation with Dr. Cambridge from 4:20 to 5:40 p.m." I said as I stared at my schedule.

"That's great! We have Dr. Knapp together then, but not Theatre Appreciation. I took Music Appreciation instead because I heard the professor was much easier," Kason beamed.

"Damn, I knew I should've signed up for that class instead," I shook my head as we walked to our Chemistry class in the Science Building. "I thought for some reason Theatre Appreciation would be easier."

"I mean, it could be, depending on your professor. I don't remember anyone mentioning Dr. Cambridge was horrible, so you should be fine."

"Should be, but probably not," I sighed as we continued to walk to the Science Building. I scanned the area, looking for honey colored hair, but found nothing.

As soon as we walked into our Chemistry class, I felt overwhelmed about how large the classroom actually was. It was in an auditorium that could probably fit up to three-hundred people if it wanted to, but my amazement soon came to an abrupt end when I felt my phone vibrate. I took it out of my pocket and looked to see who message me.

Hailee: LUKE. We are in the same class TOGETHER. You HAVE to sit by me.

I looked around for Hailee, but it seemed pointless. With a room this big it would be impossible.

Me: Where are you?

Hailee: 5th row up to your right, 1st seat.

"Hey where do you wanna sit?" Kason nudged me.

"One of my friends just texted me, saying they are in this class. Do you want to sit with her?"

Kason playfully punched me in the arm and grinned stupidly. "Ooh Luke has a lady friend? Yes, I would very much like to sit with you guys, as long as she has a friend," he winked at the mention of 'friend.'

I laughed nervously and felt my heart pound a little harder. "Yeah, follow me," I said and walked up the steps.

I spotted Hailee waving frantically at me with her frizzy dark hair while she pushed up her black rimmed glasses. I smiled at her as we went up to her.

"You have to sit right beside me," she smiled and patted the seat next to her.

"Okay," I said and sat in the swivel chair attached to the table beside her.

Kason sat in the chair next to me, elbowed me, and whispered. "So, this is your lady friend?"

I smirked. "Hailee, I would like to introduce you to Kason, who plays football with me, and Kason, this is Hailee, who is from my high school."

"Nice to meet you Kason," Hailee leaned in her seat to get a good look at him.

"Nice to meet you, too," Kason smiled. "Is there anyone else coming to Chemistry that you know other than Luke?"