XIX. Worrying and Waffle-Eating

"Sometimes, not knowing what's best for you can harm you in the end."

Juliet's POV

Going to sleep that night was harder than ever, now that I had confirmation that Remus does, in fact, fancy me. I mean the way that he lifted me off of my feet as he hugged me, the way he was looking at me, the way he smiled at me... It all seemed to make sense now! No wonder he's been so helpful to me trying to fight this curse.

Ugh! There's so much going on right now that I can barely handle, and now adding one my closest, if not my closest friend fancying me to the list does not make my situation any easier. I'm just so swamped with stress at the moment. I have no idea what to think about this! I continued to ponder about how it might just be better for me not to think about this...

"Juliet!" I heard, startling me awake. I saw Lily standing nearby, waking me up. The sun was already peaking through the curtains, and it was a new day. Huh. I guess I had fallen asleep while thinking about how I shouldn't think about Remus fancying me at the moment.

"I'm awake," I groaned while slouching up and laying weakly against the headboard of my bed. My wristwatch read 10:00 a.m., and realizing that I would miss all of the fresh breakfast food if I didn't eat soon, motivated me to get up.

"Hurry up, Juliet, we don't want the waffles to be all gone by the time we get down," said Marlene, who was pacing across the floor. Doing my best to hurry just as Marlene said, I rummaged through my dresser and put on some clothes, and eventually whipped my hair up into a messy yet stable bun.

While I was slipping my worn-out shoes into my feet, I followed my three roommates outside of our dorm room and into the common room, where we met up with the boys. Heading down to breakfast, despite the smell of waffles getting stronger and stronger, I fell into a slump similar to what it felt like to be under the Imperius Curse. Except for this time, instead of worrying about how I was going to be able to fight off the desires of the curse, I worried about how I was going to tell Remus about how the person who's putting me under this curse is the person who caused him to be a werewolf in the first place, my brother, Fenrir Greyback.

Remus is a smart guy, and if I keep telling him that I'm unaware of who's cursed me, he'll probably start to get suspicious. And when he does, how on earth can I tell him? It's not like I can flat out say, "Hey Remus, remember the person who attacked you when you were five and made you a werewolf? Yeah, he's the one who cursed me. He's also my brother," that would be a complete and utter mess!

I just hoped that I wouldn't have to tell him at all, that this would just blow over tonight after I take the liquid luck and the Wolfsbane potions.

Speaking of the Liquid Luck, all throughout breakfast time, I wondered how exactly it was going to help me, considering that I don't have control over myself when I am a werewolf. And after tonight, how am I going to be able to keep Fenrir away from me again? How do I know that he's not going to just come after me again and again? I felt like my head was going to explode as I kept piling pieces of waffles slathered in syrup into my mouth.

"Earth to Juliet!" I heard a voice at the Gryffindor table say, knocking me out of my slump.

"Huh?" I replied semi-consciously to who I assumed to be Sirius, who was always teasing me.

"I think she's gone mad!" James purposely whispered loud enough to Sirius so it could be heard by everyone at the table. Soon small giggles and bursts of laughter filled the vicinity of the area, and I brushed it off of my shoulder with a chuckle, known that James and Sirius were only messing around with me.

But Remus shot me a concerned look which made me wonder: had I really gone mad? I mean this whole process of breaking the Imperius Curse was a lot to handle, and these phases of semi-consciousness had been happening frequently...

Whatever, I've got more important things to think about at the moment, such as who's going to take the last waffle on the plate (me, of course).

I don't love Remus, I love waffles!

The rest of the day dragged on as usual Sundays went, a quick trip to Hogsmeade. Lily and I traveled from store to store searching for what we could get with the little money we currently had on us. And after grabbing a quick lunch at the Three Broomsticks with the boys, we started to make our way back to the castle. As we were walking, however, a shiver ran down my spine as I caught sight of the Shrieking Shack, where I would be heading tonight with Remus.

After arriving back at the castle, I took my daily trip to the library, this time alone, where I read about werewolves, curses, and any possible information that I could benefit from and to possible use tonight.

Remus and I had arranged to meet in this very spot in the library in about three hours before the full moon, which was about one hour from now, in order to discuss our plan for how everything's going to work tonight.

And so I waited, and once Remus arrived we got to talking. And a few hours later, a smart and devious plan was born. We were ready, and Fenrir Greyback had no idea what was coming.

Word Count: 1042

a/n: i incorporated my love for waffles into this chapter of any of y'all were wondering :) also this is not a very good chapter (not very interesting) lol sorry i'll post another one within the next few days don't worry lol! also i promise the next chpt is gonna b really good