31

Vicky West

If someone asked me how quickly I made it to the Moulin Rouge that day, I couldn't answer them. I hadn't timed it, but I knew it was I humanely quick. With my side still killing me, I couldn't get inside the club quick enough. Seriously, I was sweating bullets right now so I wouldn't be surprised if I passed out from exhaustion.

I needed to talk to Harry immediately, and there wouldn't be a better time than now. I stumbled inside, and I walked to the staircase. He had to be in his office, since that's where he was most of the time.

I saw light peaking out from under the door, he had to be in there. I contemplated knocking, remembering that there could be so many consequences if I didn't: like catching him jerking off at the thought of me...again.

There was no way I was walking in on that again, so I knocked once, politely, before entering the office. Harry was sitting behind his desk, and he didn't take his glasses off this time, and I wondered if it was because I asked him not to last time. However, I wasn't there to think about how fucking sexy he looked in those glasses, I was here to talk about Kent Purdy. Evidently a much less desirable topic.

God that didn't even sound normal.

''You're very early, Vicky.'' Harry announced, and I nodded my head in agreement. I was indeed very early, but I was sure there was a good reason for being here.

Maybe he thought I was a thirsty bitch who just wanted to get into his pants because I was definitely too early and the club was completely empty, but that wasn't the case...not today anyways.

''I know,'' I agreed. ''I'm sorry.'' I apologized.

''No need to apologize,'' Harry assured me. ''But why are you looking so -''

''Sweaty?'' I questioned him. He shrugged with his shoulders. ''Well, I need to talk to you, like right now.'' I demanded. His eyes went wide, and I walked over to his desk. I stood in front of it, but I couldn't get ahold of my nerves, so I started to pace back and forth.

''Have I done something wrong?'' Harry's eyes flashed with panic.

''No, there is nothing wrong with you. I mean you haven't done anything wrong..'' I told Harry, and I watched his shoulders sag in relief. ''Something happened at work, and I don't know how to feel about it, Harry.''

Harry got out of his chair, and he rushed over to me. He held me by my shoulders, and tilted my chin to look him in the eye. Worry was written all over his stunning face, and I could see him searching my face for any sign as to what had happened. He was trying to find out what was wrong, but my face remained expressionless. I was trying to figure out how I could break the news to him. How was I going to tell him that Kent and William are probably related?

''Kent didn't fucking touch you, did he?'' Harry asked me through gritted teeth, but I could see his fear behind the mask of anger. I could hear it in his voice, he was afraid.

I shook my head vehemently at his assumption, dismissing any thought that Kent would even get close enough to touch me. Harry's stone facial expression softened with my answer, and I could see confusion sinking into his features. He didn't have a clue about what was going on, and I really just needed to pluck up some balls and spit it out.

''Does William have a brother?'' I asked Harry curiously. Every nerve in my body felt hot-wired, and the anxiety that coursed through me made me want to cry.

''Yes, he does.'' Harry answered after a long silence.

''Kent is his brother, Harry.'' I whispered almost inaudibly, hoping he wouldn't hear me. I could see his pupils dilate, his lips parted followed by a sharp inhale, and I knew that despite my best efforts: he had heard me.