Chapter 10

Jungkook was sitting at the large dining table in his house, his drawing and some pencils in front of him. Jin had given the younger permission to bring his piece home and finish it in his own time 'cause he had missed one of the sessions. Of course Jungkook had instantly agreed and had taken everything he needed back home.

When he was in highschool Jungkook had always dreamed of becoming an artist, it didn't matter in which way if he could just be a professional. He had always liked music, drawing, photography and so on. Unfortunately due to his destructive behaviour Jungkook never had the chance to enroll in an art school. He didn't meet the deadlines that were given at the time because partying and getting drunk were way more important to him at that moment. He had almost instantly been removed from all the art schools he had signed up for due to his own stupidity and he regretted it till this day.

The younger had been way too late to enroll in any other university of his choice at that moment so he had grabbed the only thing that was still available; Economics. Oh how he hated that course, nothing seemed interesting to him and it was all way too much paperwork. He wasn't surprised this course stood on the line of removing the young student too. Jungkook never showed up and when he did he didn't pay attention. His grates were really low and he never completed the assignments.

So when Jin had given the younger the opportunity to do something he had actually liked back in the days Jungkook had grabbed that opportunity with both hands.

Jungkook softly grabbed one of the grey pencils while starting to add some details to the street he was making. A street all too familiar to him. It was the street he and his mother always walked through whenever they would go to the lake a little behind his house. A street that held so much meaning to Jungkook but was now nothing more than a painful memory. A memory he used for his art project.

"Kookie, watch out for the cars!" Jungkook's mother sighed while her overactive son ran across the street.

"Mom come on, I wanna feed the ducks. Run a little faster!" An impatient and six year Jungkook yelled from across the street while a small smile fell on his mother's face.

"I'm not sixteen anymore Kook, the duckies can wait for five more minutes." Jungkook's mother crossed the street and scooped her son up in her arms. Jungkook immediately started to giggle loudly while he booped his mother's nose. Within an instant the young child started to tell her all about the ducks and how he was going to feed them. All while a precious smile was the whole time on his mother's face.

A deep sigh left Jungkook's mouth, he missed her so freaking much. 

Slowly Jungkook started to draw again, making little details on the houses and adding shadows wherever needed.

Jungkook heard how the kitchen door opened and not a minute later his father had taken place on the stool opposite of the ravenette. "You've got your mother's talent."

Jungkook shortly looked up at the man before he continued to draw, not a word leaving his mouth.

"I'm proud you've got that piece from her you know. I've always enjoyed watching you two do art. Seeing you do it by yourself now reminds me of her. She would have loved this Kook."

Jungkook looked back up at his father, a small tear in the older man's eyes but in some way Jungkook wasn't bothered by it. It made him more angry than upset to be honest. He was never there and now that he was he was telling the younger that he was proud of him, to Jungkook it was all bullshit. The man wasn't proud of him, he was proud his wife had given their son some talent. If he was proud of his son he wouldn't fight with him all the time, he would.....he......Jungkook didn't know what he would but this was definitely not it.

Without any hesitation Jungkook grabbed his stuff and stormed up the stairs, leaving a teary eyed father behind. A man who had no idea how he could come closer to his son because the ravenette constantly pushed him away or did stupid things he had to get scolded for. He hadn't only lost his wife four years ago but at this point he was sure he had lost his son too.

Jungkook placed his art supplies on his small desk before he continued with his drawing, his mind constantly flowing back to old memories of his mother.

Back when Jungkook was a child his father had always worked close to their home but that all changed when his mother had passed. His dad now worked almost two hours away from home and thus he was almost never there when Jungkook was at home. That also being the reason why Jungkook had so much anger towards the man.

"Mom can I get some ice cream?" A small ten year old Jungkook asked. His mother had just picked him up from school and now they were one their way to pick up his father from work. 

"Dad what kind of flavour do you want?" The small ravenette asked his father while the older man lifted him up on his hip.

"I don't know, what do you suggest little man." His father pecked Jungkook's cheek softly before he turned the child towards the display with different flavours of icecream.

A huge grin broke out on Jungkook's face, knowing that he could decide all the flavours. "Dad you get.....strawberry and mum gets......cookie cream."

Jungkook's dad gave the younger a soft nod, pushing his hand shortly through the child's soft locks of hair. "And what will the little man get?"

Jungkook scanned the display another time before he decided he would get banana ice cream, making both his mom and dad laugh. The child was way too predictable.

A deep sigh left Jungkook's mouth, he missed those times. The times where everything was just alright. The times where his biggest problem was with flavour ice cream he needed to choose. Jungkook had always loved those days with his mother and father, days where they were all together. The three of them doing things they liked and when they laughed so much that their stomachs hurted from it. 

Those days had quickly faded when his mother got the message that her body couldn't keep up with her sickness anymore though. At first she was able to participate still but that went downhill pretty quick. It didn't take long before their days were filled with hospital visits and more tears than laughs. His mother had fought really hard to stay alive for her son and husband but in the end she had to give up. Her body couldn't take it anymore and one morning she had never opened her eyes again. Her eyes remained closed forever.

Jungkook's life had become hell after that. His father was busy arranging a funeral, Jungkook felt abandoned and he started to meet with the wrong people. People who he knew weren't good for him but people who made him feel something and forget about his hell at home. People who had fucked up his whole life in the timespan of four years. 

The younger at this point now having lost everything that was once so important to him. 

____

A/N

Question of the chapter:
What's your favorite memory?

Please show some love for the story by:
* Voting
* Commenting

Follow my account if you want to keep updated about the story.