tsubaki • ray

puddleOfORANGES69
yaairre
*Hanahaki disease au
*I'm definitely not sorry about the meme

Tsubaki (椿) - Camellia flowers
Yellow is for longing
White is for waiting

"Why...?" Ray croaked out as he continued coughing up the flower petals. It was painful, but it didn't hurt as much, knowing that Y/n doesn't love him back. The excruciating pain of the flowers growing in his body couldn't compare to the pain of heartbreak he felt when Y/n turned him away.

He shut himself in his room, not ever wanting to face the real world. His just turned dark, and the light switch was untouched...

He tossed and turned on his bedroom's carpeted floor, clutching his body and squeezing his eyes shut so much that even his eyes began to hurt, along with the never-ending tears that leaked out. He grits his teeth, and his body was curled up in a ball. This was the most miserable he's ever been. Not counting his daily suffering, the agonizing pain that the flowers brought him was too much. He's only had this disease for two weeks. By now, his room, his entire house had yellow and white Camellia petals scattered everywhere.

Ray hasn't eaten for days. He doesn't drink water so much either. What he felt was extremely painful, severe, and intense. It tore him, and ate away at his insides, slowly. It was killing him. It was more than what he could bear, more than his flesh and his blood can bear. It was...

"Ray?"

✿ ✿ ✿

"Why did you call me here?"

The air didn't blow today. It was quiet in the hospital ward. The soft beeping sound of the machines was picked up by her ears, aside from the words her friend spoke.

"You and Ray haven't been talking much, have you?"

"And what's it to you, Norman?"

"Ray is also my friend, so it's normal for me to be concerned. You should be fully aware of what you've done to him."

They spoke softly, seriously right outside the room. Norman crossed his arms, disappointed in Y/n. He knew well that Ray had feelings for her. The girl herself was aware. But she never took anyone's feelings into account. She's always been like that.

"You and I need to have a talk," Norman placed his hand on Y/n's shoulder before taking something out from his pocket.

"P-petals?"

"Listen well, Y/n."

Earlier that day, Norman went to check on Ray. He was shocked to find Ray in a poor state. And from the flower petals, Norman immediately knew what was wrong. After Ray was rushed to the hospital, and after having a talk with the doctors, Ray also made his statement; saying that he will not take the surgery. In the worst case scenario, Ray might die early with this disease. And Norman doesn't want that. So, he called Y/n, in hopes of trying to make everything come to a satisfactory resolution.

Ray woke up from his nap, surprised that his coughing wasn't as worse as last time. He felt that Y/n was nearby. Maybe she came to visit earlier while he was asleep. He sighs. But then something on the nightstand caught his eye. It was a few gifts, maybe a few letters as well. He went over to grab them, scanning each item carefully. He found one letter most particular out of the rest. And even though he suffered because of her, the letter that contained one single word made him rethink everything.

"Sorry."

Ray smiles to himself. No matter how much pain he was in, he was still somewhat happy. And after three days had passed, receiving several letters from Y/n along the way, Ray was about to be discharged from the hospital. His condition has surprisingly gotten better, and the boy feels energized. Norman came with Emma to bring Ray out to eat. The three were past the automatic doors until they saw a familiar girl standing before them.

"Y/n?"

"Hey."

Norman sighs in relief, happy that she actually showed up. He places a hand on Ray's shoulder, giving him a nod before pulling Emma away.

Ray takes a few steps forward before Y/n throws herself into his arms. She loved him. She took his feelings into account and had an epiphany. Y/n loves Ray and Ray loves Y/n.

The day before Ray was discharged, he received a poem from Y/n...

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'm sorry for hurting you, Ray
I just wanna say that I love you.

the end.