Chapter 7

Remus was getting ready to run out of that room and never talk to Sirius again but something in him made him stay. He sat down, shook his head, and looked up at Sirius who was just as shocked as Remus had been. His eyes filled up with tears, and he laughed to deter the awkward situation.

Sirius stared at Remus, waiting for him to say something and suddenly he did.

"I'm in love with you," was all Remus said. "I've been in love with you since the day I met you. I just..knew. And I fell in love with you."

Sirius stared back at Remus, his mouth dangling open, "You're what?"

Remus laughed awkwardly as tears began to roll down his cheeks. He wiped them away with his sweater sleeve before Sirius could see.

"I'm in love..with you," Remus repeated.

Sirius wanted to say it back. He was in love with Remus. He couldn't concentrate on anything else when he was around. And those eyes, he could drown in those gorgeously wide-set pools of chocolate brown. But what came out of him mouth was the complete opposite of what he wanted to say.

"I'm with Melanie," Sirius blurted.

Why did he say that? It was like instinct, but he didn't mean it. He wanted to slap his himself for saying that. He wanted to scream at the top of his lungs. He loved Remus too! But before he could say anything else, Remus was already out the doors. He needed to go after him.

"Um," Sirius said making Madam Pomfrey turn her head.

"Yes dear?" she replied.

"Do you know when I will be able to leave?"

Madam Pomfrey turned around and grabbed a file, "Hmm" she said and rested her hand on her chin softly as she read.

"Well you seem pretty well from what I can see," she began "You should be able to leave soon, and go to class tomorrow."

Sirius smiled happily and his heart began to race, those were the best words he had heard in days. "Really?!" he asked.

Madam Pomfrey nodded and smiled, "I would like to check you scars, then I will inform Dumbledore you are well. Sound alright?"

Sirius nodded quickly and Madam Pomfrey grinned once again.

Meanwhile Remus was sitting on the floor of the library, his legs tucked up to his chest and arms wrapped around. His face was tear-stained and his eyes bloodshot. Remus looked a wreck, but who could blame him. What had he expected though. He'd declare his love and Sirius would as well. Then they'd live happily ever after? How naïve and delusional was he?

"Stupid. Stupid. Stupid," was all Remus could thinking, his mind racing and repeating the words over and over and over, spiraling around his brain.

Suddenly a small, gentle voice broke the agonizing silence, and snapped Remus out of his thoughts, "Hello."

He looked up to see a rather short girl, with shoulder length, curly brown hair. Her eyes were like bright, green jades. The girl smelled faintly of pine and oak, and in her hands she carried two large books.

"Hello," Remus replied.

"Remus. Correct?" the girl asked, and Remus nodded, "I'm Elizabeth."

"Hi Elizabeth," he said, wishing the girl wiuld go away, but strangely taking comfort in her presence.

"I've seen you around before, I'm a fourth year,"

"Gryffindor?"

The girl nodded, "Mind if I sit."

"Sure," Remus said, and the girl sat down next to him and placed her books on the floor beside her.

"I can tell something is wrong," the girl started.

"Wh-" Remus began to say but was cut of by the strange girl.

"It's fine. I wasn't going to invade your privacy. You just...look like you need some company."

Remus laughed unenthusiastically and shook his head, "That obvious?"

Elizabeth laughed, and started talking to Remus. Surprisingly they had a lot in common, and their conversation made Remus feel ten times better, so much in fact he almost forgot about what had previously happened with Sirius.

Suddenly the girl got up from the ground along with her book and turned to Remus.

"I've got to get to class now," she said.

"Why weren't you in class?" Remus asked.

His question was followed not by an answer but by another question, "Why weren't you?"

"Touché," Remus replied, and grinned.

"Hey," she started again before leaving "Would you maybe want to go to Hogsmeade with me one time?"

Remus suddenly began to panic. Was she aking him out? He didn't know what to say, I mean he still had a major crush on Sirius. But maybe going out with her would help clear his mind.

He opened his mouth but the words that came out, he had not expected "I'm gay."

"Oh," Elizabeth said, slightly disappointed "Yeah right, I'm sorry!"

"But maybe as friends?" Remus asked hopefully.

The girl smiled, nodded, and walked out of the library. Remus began to smile but then it hit him. Was he gay? Then he realized, he sort of liked Elizabeth. He should've said yes! But it didn't make any sense, he liked both?