The Wrong One

When Tate left the room Bellamy was quick to follow

When Tate left the room Bellamy was quick to follow. "I never thanked you for looking after the girls in here."

"I did it for Nia." Tate simply said before continuing his walk.

"Did you do it for Nia or because of what she is?" Bellamy's words made him halt. "You knew she was a nightblood before she announced it in that room. You didn't look the least bit shocked like the girls. In fact, you had this look that I've haven't seen in a long time. Like Gustus did when he looked at Lexa, he just a guard trying to protect his leader and would go to extreme measures for her. Like Alec did."

Tate didn't say anything but Bellamy had his full attention.

"The only way to win this war is for a commander to rise but it can't be Nia. There is another nightblood here." Bellamy tried to convince.

"Why not Nia?" Tate questioned why Bellamy wanted to put a child in place of Nia.

"You knew how she was before how she struggled to pick which side to be. On the Ring, she had gotten clarity, she didn't want to kept fighting. If she becomes commander, then she'll have too." Bellamy explained hoping he'd understand.

From what he saw he could assume that Nia was capable of taking command. She could be able to handle all the hardships that came with becoming commander but maybe he was wrong. After all, he didn't spend the last six years with her.

"What do you need me to do?" Tate asked unsure of whether it was the right decision or not. "You better hope this is the best course to take."

It happened after the meeting had been done. Bellamy would go along with using Monty's algae while Tate would keep Nia away from the chaos that would follow. Nia walked back to the room when she looked up and noticed Tate. Before she could even make one word he jabbed a Reaper stick into her neck and caught her in his arms.

Word had spread about Octavia making her condition worrisome. Indra wondered about Nia's whereabouts as she hadn't seen her since the meeting. She had been surprised when Bellamy had informed her about what he had done. But at least now they would get the chance to surrender.

"The whispers are true. Our Blodreina has fallen ill. These may be her final hours. Listen to me, I trained Octavia as my second, and I love her as I love my own child. I advised her, and led her army with pride. It was her desire that if she should ever fall, I step forward to led you." Indra addressed the Rotunda full of warriors and delegates. "Blodreina wanted what we all want: to live a better life in Shallow Valley, and we will, but not through war, not when there's a better way. For the last six years, we have lost hundreds of our people. We can't afford to lose any more. I will negotiate for Wonkru to enter the valley peacefully so that no more shall suffer."

"You're not in command here. Not even over the first battalion. Blodreina gave that honor to Nia." Miller shouted against Indra's words. Despite him not knowing where the girl was he had to make it known that Indra had been demoted.