Prologue

The sound of music finally paused indicating that the day is finally over. The group pants heavily, catching their breathes after dancing and practicing to the same song over and over again.

The leader sighs in relief, knowing that practise is finally over for today as he reached out for his water bottle on the floor along with the others.

"i hate this so much," jaemin grunts as he joined the others who were now sitting down on the floor, all tired. He was grabbing a hold onto his back, breathing slowly to endure the pain.

"easy there, it has only been a month since our debut jaemin, we gotta work hard on the next comeback," Mark states.

"are you kidding me? We barely even eat, sleep or do anything nowadays, look at all of us, hasn't this gotten way too far?" he protests referring the other members who were now laying down, slowly dozing off.

Mark was speechless after what jaemin has said earlier. He was right but he can't really do anything about it. Mark was scared of the staff here, considering how bloody strict are.

"hey, this is what you've been dreaming of, and you finally achieved it. So don't give up now," Mark reminded.

Jaemin didn't know how to reply to that and he didn't quite put that thought it mind. It is true, he did wanted to be a star but he's not so sure now.

-

"I'll be back,"

"-i hope"

Jaemin stood right at his shared bedroom door , looking back at his best friends who were sound asleep. He sighs, slowly closing the door behind him and headed out of the dorms. He tried his best to remain silence as he passed by the other dorms.

Trying not to get caught that is.

He bumped into his hyung Taeyong, panicked at first but he managed to make an excuse for heading outside at this late night. He got out of the building through the back door, preventing any security to block his way. He had a pass key to open the door so he had no problem doing so.

Finally, he was now outside. Jaemin stood straight, stretching his arms and breathes in the fresh air that he hasn't breathe in after awhile, the group never had the chance to hang out anyway. They only went out when there is a music show being held, only when they're invited to. It's so sad but that's what it's like.

Suddenly, he heard footsteps coming towards his direction and he immediately flees away. So Jaemin ran down across the busy Seoul street, just one block away from that horrid place. He was proud of himself, such an achievement he made all by himself.

He stopped as he turned to a mild dark alley. He rested his head against the brick wall as he pants heavily.

He chuckles and widely smiled. He turned around and leaned against that wall, looking up at the sky, the empty dark sky from above and continues to laugh all to himself.

"you won't find me-" he pants.

"....SM,"

check out our official book trailer: