~Twenty-Six~

Jacks Pov

"F-Faelyn?" I asked, blinking a few times, was I imagining this?

She sent me a small smiled, squeezing my hand while opening her mouth to speak before her face scrunched up in pain.

"Hey hey, it's okay, you don't need to talk.. just, just rest alright, I'm so happy you're awake, and I get to see your smile again" I confessed, wiping the fallen tear from her face as she raised her arm to hold her hand over mine that was on her cheek.

Her face twisted in a bit of pain again, she seemed to brush it off though, sending me a weak smile as I sent her a worried one.

"Faelyn, I'm gonna go let a doctor know your up okay?" I asked, getting up before she grabbed my hand, shaking her head rapidly until her face displayed agony.

'Mmmm' she groaned out in a whimper as she let her head fall back into a pillow, I was instantly beside her, "Hey hey, don't-don't move, I'll be right back" Faelyn looked into my eyes, her green deep eyes right into mine as I saw the pain and worry.

"Don't worry, I promise, I'm just gonna grab a doctor and phone Michelle" I told her, kissing her on the head.

She shook her head again, her eyes tearing up from what I'm assuming was pain? However.. she looked distant..

Faelyns POV

He was gonna leave? No no no, he can't, didn't he get the memo that I wanted him to stay?

I shook my head once more, protesting before an agonizing pain struck my temple,

My eyes widened before beginning to water as I remembered the events of the day that it all happened.

"Ahh" I let out, before being brought back to a faded memory of my father..

Flashback

"Hmph, look who it is" the man looked into the hospital room, it had been his daughters first skateboard accident and he let out a small smirk.

"What? Cats got your tongue?" The man teased, walking up to the girl who had a pipe in her throat because of the scarring.

She looked at him warily, she couldn't scream, she could barley move..

The man grabbed her arm where her IV was and squeezed the flesh. She winced, groaning out in pain as her vocal-chords also pained her throat.

"Cmon now, say hi to your father" he urged, laughing before squeezing a hand over the tube that provided her air. She winced as she attempted to take another breath, the man sending her a devilish grin before letting go and she inhaled deeply.

He heard approaching footsteps and bent over to seem like he was kissing her cheek, hand on her broken ribs with a bit of force as he whispered, "you got lucky he didn't break your legs right there and right then.. I'll see you soon, cupcake" he threatened, using an old childhood nickname before leaving the room and leaving the girl with a misplaced IV that was turning the skin around her arm purple, soar throat and throbbing ribs.

End of flashback

What if he comes back while Jacks gone?

"Mm, mm" I protested, my throat stinging as my eyes scrunched at the pain while he looked up at me wearily, "don't make any noise sunshine, I just needa grab a do-" i shook my head again as I let out a small whimper, letting a few tears fall in fear as he sent me a worried look.

"Okay, Okay, don't worry, I've got you, I won't go anywhere, I-I'm right here" he comforted, sitting up and wiping my tears before smiling over at me.

"I'll call your mum" he smiled as I returned it, sending him a soft nod as he pulled out his phone.

Jacks Pov

I dialled the number, stepping a few feet away from her bed as I pulled the phone up to my ear, hearing the ocean of rings before her voice sounded from the other end.

"Is everything okay Jack?" Michelle asked frantically, audibly holding her breath. "Yeah yeah, it's actually going amazing, Faelyn woke up" I announced with a smile hearing the smile in her voice as she let out a joyful spur of words.

"Oh Goodness! Im on my way back, I'll be there within two hours!" She promised, "alrighty, drive safe, see you soon Michelle" "see you soon kiddo and tell Faelyn I'm on my way!" She added before handing up.

"Faelyn, I can't believe you're up! Oh my gosh, I can't wait to have another sleepover and and a movie night with the boys.. and like oh man it's gonna be just like the old times!" I reminded excitedly to lift the mood before my eyes widened.

The boys.

"Here, I'll invite the boys" I smiled, opening the group chat.

Me
Hey garbage bags, Fae just woke up, get ur asses down here before I come down there and grab you guys

Hoenah😉
Oh yes! We're on our way, we're just out of town but we're leaving now

Corbitch☄️
Yeet skeet diddlydeet my bestie has woken from a deep ass sleep

Daniel cv
Oh my gosh I can't wait to get there!

Zach😤Heroine
DUde thIS iS awEsOmE movie night when she's discharged

Christina🌸
Jack did you call me a garbage bag?

Corbitch☄️
You called my girl a garbage bag?

Tate🌼
Yeah, you called me one too!

Hoenah😉
whAT!

Me
That was directed at the boys, you girls are not garbage bags, how are you two putting up with those expired snacks?

Daniel cv
I'm fricking suing! You kno wut Jack. I'm not telling you about Angi

Me
Who the fuck is Angi?

Corbitch☄️
Yeah who tf is she? Are you cheating on me?

Christina🌸
Corb0ne I know you didn't just say that. You know what. No thanks. I'm dating my dog now. Suck on an egg you hoe. Tate, I'm coming to pick you up, we need to goooo I'm outta town to, be there in 45, loaf you bb

Corbyn☄️
Indeed I will!1!1

Zach 😤Heroine
Look what you did Darniel

Daniel cv
Oopsies☺️

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Heya gUys! Another chapter up and running and we already have 3k views within five days of hitting 2k oh my gosh!

Hope you guys enjoyed.. but lemme tell yOU.. during the time of the boys getting there somethings gon' happen..

Sorry not sorry

:)

Love you all and thank you!

Don't forget to check out my other books and vote! Comment! And share!!

Love,

-N💛