57

PICKING JUDITH UP in her arms, Aria shushes the baby as she bounces her up and down

PICKING JUDITH UP in her arms, Aria shushes the baby as she bounces her up and down. Aria avoids the body on the ground as she throws her bag over her shoulder. "You want me to take her?" Tyreese asks and Aria nods, the baby leaving her arms. Hooking her arm through the backpack strap, Aria shoves her gun in her holster before following Tyreese out, shutting the wooden door behind her.

Turning her head, her eyes catch the blue orbs she fell in love with and she lets out a breath. The two engulf each other in a hug, Aria's arms wrapping around his neck as his arms snake around her waist. "I missed you — asshole." Aria whispers, a chuckle escaping her lips as she backs away from him, their eyes meeting. Aria's hands make their way to his face as she caresses his cheek. A small smile falters on Daryl's lips and Aria turns towards the rest of the group, her and Michonne's eyes meeting.

Aria's hands clasp together as Michonne and her hug each other, their sisterly love returning. "I thought you were dead." Michonne utters and Aria shakes her head, backing out of the hug. "No. You still have to deal with me." Aria's eyes trail over to Rick's family and her eyes soften. She hopes one day, despite everything going on, she'll be able to have a family and live peacefully. But deep down; she knows that'll never happen.

♚ ♛

Aria stares into the flames of the fire, her hand gripping Daryl's as the pair watch over the group. They're on high alert, people from Terminus could've made it out alive and are on a hunt for them; they don't know. Aria's heart is covered in scars from many things. Because of that, she's afraid to trust and let anyone break down her walls that she built. Yet, here's Daryl, holding her hand and sitting in comfortable silence. They're two broken people trying to patch each other up and that can end up bad or end up good, they'll just have to wait and see.

Aria took a risk dating Daryl and she's usually not a risk taker; she likes to stay in her comfort zone, she had completely wandered away from that zone. She remembers when she was 16 how she told herself she was worthless and a guy would never love her for her — they would only love her for her goods. Daryl makes her feel different, makes her feel safe and sound in this dangerous world.

Andrea and Amy would always bring their boyfriend's over and Aria remembers staring over at the couples in envy because she wanted what they have. She doesn't anymore, she doesn't want what they have; she doesn't want what anyone has. She has someone perfect in their own way and a huge family to take care of, she's grateful despite everything that has happened because she has found people who love her for her.

Her head tilts in curiosity as she turns towards Daryl. "Who were you with?" Aria asks, truly curious. Daryl frowns as he turns his head, his eyes baring into hers. "Beth." Aria glances around where the group is laying and her lips part slightly, realization dawning on her. "She's not dead. She — just disappeared." Daryl correct before Aria can even say anything. Nodding slowly, Aria lowers her blue eyes to the ground. "We'll find her." Leaves rustle and Aria stands to her feet, her hand settled on her knife. Daryl walks forward, motioning for Aria to stay still.

Aria's eyes squint as she strains to see anything in the woods. The darkness is playing tricks with her mind as shadows appear out of no where before disappearing quickly. "It's nothing." Aria nibbles on her bottom lip, hesitantly nodding. She has a feeling deep down in her stomach and it's a bad one.