Chapter 26

Amadeo's POV

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Asked Daniel.

"Why would you even ask that Daniel?" I said.

"Because you are looking exactly like the time I told you about Nathaniel's betrayal. " said Antonio.

I gritted my teeth. Fuck! This is getting on my nerves right. Eversince that bastard was mentioned I'm fuelling with rage. I remember the time when Antonio told me about Nathaniel. It didn't take long to put the two together and figure Nathaniel was infact working for that bastard.Ti distruggerò Rossi. (I will destroy you) And he would have of I didn't arrive in time. That time I failed my father. I failed the mafia as their Capo. Why? Only because he was fucking jealous of me.

"Not to forget the amount booze he downed. I think we should take the bottle away from you brother." Said Daniel.

My brow rose. "How exactly are you going to do that?"

He immediately stepped away. He knew it's not wise to argue when I'm angry.

"Be serious Amadeo are you really going to go through this plan of yours? We will provide you back up but think this through. Taking Ava to such an environment." Said Antonio.

"I will be there with her, won't I. I don't understand what are you guys fussing." Daniel opened his mouth to say something, "Okay enough is enough don't forget I make the decisions over here now get your asses out of my house and get to work. " I said .

"He is kicking us out!"

I downed the rest of my drink. "As a matter of fact I am. Now out."

I stepped out in search of Ava. I found Adele busy typing on her phone.

"Where's Ava?"

She looked up with a smile. "Well hello to you brother. You can't seem to function without her huh?" She laughed

I glared at her. I am not in the mood of joking. Her expression sombered up and cleared her throat. "She is in the liabrary looking for something to read."

I nodded. "Tell Samantha to get ready they are about to leave. "

"Will do."

I went to the liabrary immediately

Ava's POV

Dang it!! My vision is blurry on this writing. I had reading glasses that I always used for reading. Now I want to read a book but I can't. My glasses are back at probably collecting dust.

"Any problem?"

I gasped and dropped the book. Amadeo was at the door. "Jesus! You scared me." I said with a hand on my chest. I crouched down to pick up the book.

"I was just looking around for a book to read." I said.

"I have to tell you something. " he said.

"Yes?"

"There is a fundraiser event tomorrow which I have to attend and you are going with me."

"And why exactly?"

"I can't tell you the reasons." There we go Mr.Rudy 2.0 is back.

"Then I won't go with you."

"I am not asking you. I'm telling that you are comming with me." You think?

"No."

"No?"

"No."

He seemed angry. His jaw set tight and his blue eyes were now darker with the angry glint. He stepped towards me until there was only a little space left. He towered over my small figure.

"You said you will help with us with the mess your brother created." He said.

My breath hitched."Is this about my brother? Will he be there?"

Silence. He gave me no answer. He just kept staring at the book shelves.

"Tell me." I demanded.

Still silence. I closed the remaining space between us. I raised my head high and said,"I am not going anywhere. Not until you tell me what's going on."

He turned to look at me. "You are going there with me and that's final. I will drag you there myself if I have to. Don't forget I'm the one who kidnapped and brought you over here."

"Why are you doing this ?" I asked.

He walked towards me and I kept stepping backwards and stopped when my back hit the wall. He placed his two hands on either side of the wall as if trying to cage me in his arms. His face just millimetres apart from my face. He glanced at my lips and then looked back at me into my eyes. Then he leaned in towards my ear. I could feel his hot breath on my neck that increased my own breaths. He whispered in his spectacularly seductive voice...

"Things have just started tesoro. You haven't seen any of it . You will do exactly what I said." He pulled away from me and flashed his signature smirk.

Then he kept walking until he glanced back and said...

"Fino alla prossima volta, amore"

He walked away from me leaving all my emotions puzzled. I stood and kept staring at the door asking myself only one question

"What is he doing to me?"