ten

After finding the Niffler, breaking into a jewelry shop, spotting a lion in the diamond district, and Disapparating to Central Park, the trio was in for another adventure of trying to capture one of Newt's beasts

"You know, New York is considerably more interesting than I'd expected," Newt said with a laugh.

Jacob sighed.

"Funner than London," Neeki commented.

"Funner is not a word, Neeki," Newt replied.

She frowned. "Why?"

"Well - I - I can only assume because whoever decides it's a word or not, decided that it isn't."

Newt, Neeki, and Jacob hurried across the frost-covered park. As they crossed the bridge, they were almost run over by a terrified ostrich. A loud rumble could be felt and heard in the distance.

"Put this on," Newt demanded as he shoved a padded helmet into Jacob's arms.

"Why would I have to wear something like this?" Jacob asked.

"Because your skull is susceptible to breakage under immense force," Newt said, not paying attention to his own words.

"Wait, what?"

Newt ran off, leaving Jacob terrified before he slowly ran after Newt. Neeki wrinkled her nose up, sniffing the air before transforming into her animal skin and running after the duo. They were in a half-mostly zoo. The walls were demolished, a pile of rubble laying by the entrance. There was another roar as Newt pulled out a body protector.

"Okay, if you just pop this on," Newt said as he fastened the breastplate over Jacob. "Now, there is absolutely nothing for you to worry about."

"Tell me - has anyone ever believed you when you told them not to worry?" Jacob asked.

"My philosophy is that worrying means you suffer twice. Isn't that right, Neeki?"

Newt scratched the top of her head with his finger. She purred and rubbed her head against his leg. Newt put some Erumpent musk on Jacob to attract her during mating season, but Jacob was accidentally lathered in it. Jacob was running for his life, clinging onto a tree. Neeki ran around the tree Jacob was stuck in. She was marking her territory, but she was much smaller than the hormonal Erumpent. She could easily step on Neeki. It was up to Newt to save Jacob, but a curious baboon ruined the day.

"Repar - " A baboon took his wand away. "Merlin's beard!" Newt cursed. Newt snapped a twig off from a branch and held it out to the baboon. "They're exactly the same... They're the same thing."

"Newt!" Jacob screamed from a tree.

The baboon shook his wand around, causing an explosion. The baboon was knocked out. Newt sadly stared at it and cringed, giving his apologies to it. He quickly grabbed his wand, just as the Erumpent charged and stuck her horn into the tree Jacob was clinging onto, causing a liquid that was similar to lava to appear.

Jacob fell off the tree after it snapped, and the Erumpent charged after him. At that moment, Newt came charging in with his case open and managed to get the Erumpent back inside. Neeki sat down on her butt in annoyance.

"Good show, Mr. Kowalski!" Newt cheered.

Jacob shook Newt's hand. "Call me Jacob."