|Thirty- Nine|

"I found you..." The familiar taunting voice resonated around the dark room followed by his familiar sadistic laugh.

My eyes opened and I gasped for air, my eyes frantically looked around trying to note my surrounding but it wasn't possible, I was somewhere dark where there was no traces of light or life.

The room smelled of blood probably mine, as I felt pain shoot through my legs and arms.

When did I get captured? The last thing I remember was being at Xerxes place. After that talk with Zues and Roman, I headed straight to bed then how did I end up here.

Despite the situation I was in, Xerxes face flashed on my mind. He would find me, he always did, he wouldn't leave me here.

"Xer..." My throat felt dry. I couldn't even utter a word. I tried again, in a desperate attempt and in believe that he would somehow hear my plea and would come to my rescue. "Xer...xes... Xerxes..." I swallowed hard, my throat aching due to lack of water and any fluid.

I heard footsteps, loud and clear. "I. Found..." The voice got closer to me with every word, making me scramble in my seat, my movements were restrained. "...you, Meryl."

"No, no... Don't..." I wept desperately as I felt his breath on my cheek. My eyes shut tightly as I tried to get away from him.

His lips trailed from my cheeks to my neck, his hand rubbing my thigh feeling me up.

I was disgusted by his unwanted touch, I didn't want him near me.

"Xer..xes..." I wept feeling pathetic for not being able to push the man away, I didn't like him touching me. I wept again, calling out Xerxes name again and again as I wished for him to take me away from this place.

The man's lips moved to my ear from my neck and whispered, his voice changing, sounding unlike him. "I am here, you're okay..."

I turned my face when I heard Xerxes voice, my eyes straining to look at his face in the darkness, "Xerxes?" I whispered.

"I got you, Meryl." I felt arms arms around me and the next thing I know my eyes met with his chest.

My hands went to his side and raised my head to see his familiar eyes filled with slight concern. "I was dreaming." I sounded relief, my voice shaking slightly because the dream felt too real.

Xerxes left a lingering kiss on my forehead and whispered. "I am here now, you can sleep peacefully." Saying this, he brought me flushed against him and held me tightly, making me feel safe and secure.

It was times like this that I realise how much Xerxes have changed since the day we met. He was slowly opening up to me and accepting me with his whole heart. I wasn't so sad about the fact that he was my mate anymore. He was changing my opinions about him and I want him to.

Sleep eventually came and there were no nightmares.

*

"This pack is wonderful!" Mum exclaimed as she looked around the market area, where you could find everything, from clothes to a needle.

"Let's look around." She wasn't the only one astonished by the size of the market because I was too and it was my first time too.

I've heard about the market from Lisa but I had never been to it, I wasn't allowed. And luckily today was the expo day- the day people from other packs were allowed to enter the pack but only for shopping and nothing else.

They were thoroughly checked before they enter the pack grounds. The entrance and exit of the market was heavily guarded so none other than the locals could wander around the pack.