Chapter Sixteen [Turf War]

O H A J I

I stared at my son as he slept before glancing over at Jade who looked at me as if to say I told you so.

I never wanted Calvin to be selling drugs and I told him that from the start but he chose to do it and was doing it behind my back so I just went ahead and let him do it, thinking that since he was with friends and I was who I am nothing would happen.

"You found out who did this?" I asked and glancing over at Jade as he sighed and took a seat on the other side of him and looked him over.

"Some small time drug dealers, a bunch of teenagers you gon kill them?" He asked and I shook my head no.

"I'll get Eli or Silas to do it when he gets back, I ain't gone leave his side until he leave the hospital" I told him looking up teary eyed.

"I don't think you realize we set for life, our kids are set for life and we don't need to do this shit anymore" Jade said running a hand down his face.

"I do it because I like doing it, I was made for this type of shit and I can't see myself not doing it a lot of people wanna die doing what they love and I'd rather die doing this than leave it alone call me crazy or whatever but I'm being honest" I told him and he chuckled to himself shaking his head.

"Nah what you need to do is marry Jasmine, give the lady a baby or something because you know he wouldn't mind having a younger sibling as long as it was with her and then settle down. Look at Silas he may not be married but it's like he raised two kids and it leveled him out and as much as I still wanna be mad at him I can't" Jade said shaking his head.

"Let me think on it" I told him and he sighed before standing and leaving out. I glanced down at my lap for a second before looking up and making eye contact with Calvin.

"What the fuck I tell you about being nosey?" I asked and he smiled weakly before looking up at the ceiling.

"How long did I sleep today? And how's Cali?" He asked slowly turning his head. He'd been in and out of sleep since he got here five days ago.

"You slept a full 38 hours" I said standing up and pulling the curtain revealing Cali sleeping. As his machines beeped and Cal tried to sit up and get a good look at him.

"When do I get to go home?" He asked and I looked over as he trapped to pull the wires out of him and I quickly smacked his hands down.

"That shits helping you breath don't pull it out and if I were you I wouldn't be in such a rush to get home" I told him sternly and he looked at me wide eyed.

"You gone hit me?" He asked and I side eyed him before smirking.

"Nah Cal we just gon talk I promise" I said honestly but he still looked afraid even though I was telling the truth.

Jade walked back in with Silas and Alijah and she rolled her eyes at me and mugged me. This why I don't fuck with her.

"Why she so mad?" I asked and Silas smacked his teeth and sat down.

"We had to leave vacation early and she didn't get to go to shopping" Silas laughed and I shook my head.

"Y'all was gone for like five days you had enough time" I tell her yanking her arm and pulling her into me as she sat down on my lap and her and Calvin stared at each other.

He nodded at her and she just looked at him before turning away. I knew it was something to do with that Rome situation. Kids these days were so childish I swear.

"Wait what happened to them?" She asked when she finally noticed Cali on the other side on the room.

"We got shot what it look like, don't ask stupid questions" Cal snapped and she punched him in the stomach causing him to groan, I sighed and shook my head leaning back in the seat, his mouth is always getting him into shit.