- Public place -

It was the day...

The day the two individuals that brought me into this world arrived... back home?

No, I couldn't call it "arriving back home" because it just didn't feel right to call it that.

If anything, it felt more like unfamiliar guests visiting their long lost relatives who'll gawk over how big you got since the last time they saw you... Like yes, Miranda! I have grown since you last saw me wailing in someone's arms, shitting a diaper and being the very size of a large sack of potatoes!

Who would've thought!

So putting it into that perspective, yes, this definitely felt like I was about to encounter distant strangers. Hell, Theo felt like more familiar company than the two voices I could hear from the staircase I stood in.

Theo...

I shook my head. I can't believe he witnessed me on shrooms. Nelson couldn't either, I got a ton of messages from him freaking out over it... it made me happy that he texted me though, and was feeling trusting enough to confide in me even if it's over something as small as this... I wanted Nelson to know I was a friend who cares for him and that he's not alone in this pack. So, this was a good thing in a way.

Back to Theo though, he took me home yesterday after the whole killing a raggedy witch-thing in the woods and- The very fact that I'm casually skimming over that very statement of... someone committing murder! Is crazy! However, maybe I'm crazy! Because that wasn't on my list of concerns or thoughts.

Theo himself was.

He actually made sure I made it safely into my house. He didn't respond to my desperate, embarrassing, shroom infused attempts I made on him either. Uh... I mean, what me? Being thirsty for Theo? Pfft... Oh moon I am embarrassing! He simply took me home, helped me into my house and not being able to stay around, left immediately after that. I was shocked he ALSO told me the reason he had to suddenly go as well.

His asshole ways make me forget that he actually does play such an important responsibility in the pack. Of course he would prioritise returning home and alerting the council and his father of the sudden presence of a witch in our territory. Which, isn't that unknown to happen. These lower classed witches (the unhinged, gone mad ones) were known for doing that in any territory.

Yet, before he prioritised that, he made sure to focus on me being safe and sound in my own home, and that scarily enough... warmed my chest.

Ew!

So yeah, I'd rather be experiencing a wild day like yesterday all over again than be standing still at the end of my staircase, listening to two voices that didn't belong to Rick or Caroline.

"The place looks lovely."

No thanks to you.

Wow, where did that bitter thought come from?

It's not that I was angry like how Rick was towards my parents. I just felt... weird. At first I was more than okay with the idea of them visiting but having them actually here was different. It was awkward.

So close to sneaking towards the front door, like a little non-Russian spy called... Russianne, my body paused at the sound of approaching footsteps. I shut my eyes tightly.

"Cora."

Oh would you look at that, my eyes sprung open! I spun on my heel and forced a tight smile at my mother. Her hazel eyes crinkled as she smiled back at me.

"My, look at you!" She gasped, staring at me from head to toe. "You've grown up so much!"

I awkwardly blinked at her.