22.

"Look into my eyes, can't you see they're open wide?

Would I lie to you, baby, would I lie to you?" 

Song: charles & eddie - Would I Lie To You?

*****

"Harry, can you just breathe? It's my Dad not an executioner" I frown at him, watching as he shuffles on his feet anxiously.

He's been acting like a nervous wreck since we got inside the airport. What the hell is up with him?

Harry blows out a breath, bouncing on his heels as he drums his hands against his thighs "What if he doesn't like me? What if he hates me? What am I gonna do?"

My face drops even more, as I scrunch it up in confusion "That's what's got you fidgeting like you have a fire cracker up your ass?"

Harry's shoulders slump as he pushes his hand through his hair "I'm being serious Joey, I really want him to like me, he's your Dad, he's important to you"

I thump him up the back of the head, and he scowls at me, rubbing his head with his mouth hung open "What the hell was that for!"

"For being stupid enough to think that anyone wouldn't love you as soon as they met you, I'm firm believer that stupidity should be painful" I throw back at him, raising my brows to prove my point.

He tilts his head at me, his brows creasing together until he realises what I was actually saying and his lips tug up at the corners "You have a real talent for making a compliment sound like an insult"

I shrug my shoulders, folding my arms over my chest as I make sure to look him in the eyes "I'm being serious Harry, you're always acting like you're this horrible person that no one could possibly like when you're the most amazing person I've ever met. I'm not going to keep lecturing you about it here, but seriously - you need to stop it, or you're going to end up with a concussion from me slapping that stupid out of you"

Harry sucks his lip under his teeth as he grins at me, throwing his arm around my shoulder as he pulls me into his side and presses a kiss to the side of my head and I grimace playfully "Only my Joey could make a violent threat sound so sweet, you always have such a way with words love"

My heart thumps in my chest, trying to regulate itself from the phrase 'My Joey', pushing the feelings to the back of my mind like I do with everything else.

I'm becoming more and more confused around Harry, and whilst all of these feelings are absolutely terrifying me, and I can't come to terms with them, I can't find it in me to run away from him like I would with anyone else.

Losing Harry would kill me more than trying to cope with this crisis inside of me, so I just have to deal with it.

I find myself becoming more and more exhausted from fighting the thoughts and emotions that rear their head inside my brain more and more frequently as the days go on, and I can't even escape them in my sleep, the dreams about Harry just become more vivid and drawn out each night, like my own loveable Freddy Kruger I can't escape.