Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

chapter 1 - my

Kara

Make me.

Cameron's deep voice was laced with a dare, tempting me to ignore the voice in my head warning me to tread carefully with a dangerous man like him. And answer it with a dare of my own.

Make me. If you can.

It was a rare occasion for me to turn down a challenge, but his lips stopped my words from spilling, replacing them with a moan as he kissed me with a kind of longing that made me think of surrender.

The only thing was... I don't like to lose.

I hooked my leg around his hip, pressing my body against him. His eyes widened in surprise, before they became hooded with hunger. It staggered me every time I saw it in his devastatingly beautiful face—how much he wanted me. I never felt wanted before, not like this. It made me bolder, made me want to push boundaries and discover new ones.

He gripped my waist, fingers digging intimately into my skin, and turned in one smooth motion until he was the one under me. I sat on top of him, my legs stretched to accommodate his size. I heard him groan, low and deep, as his hips brazenly thrusted up against me.

"You want to play, Spitfire?" he asked, his voice low and husky.

"I didn't know this was a game," I replied.

"Would you like it to be?"

"Do I get a prize?"

"If you like."

I raised an eyebrow, and when he didn't respond, I asked, "What is it?"

He looked at me for a moment and his smile was sad. "Kara," he said softly. "Would you play the game if the prize was... me?"

My eyes snapped open. For a moment everything seemed to blur. I felt disoriented, my heart pounding against my chest from a dream I could barely remember. Something ached inside me—I felt sad and...needy. It was confusing. I blinked, focusing on my surroundings.  

Vaulted wood ceilings with exposed beams. Skylights. It was still dark, but I could see a few rays of milky light trying to break through the sky. I turned my head to the side. Floor-to-ceiling glass windows provided an uninterrupted view of the shadowy forest.

Wait. Where the hell am I? And what—

Cameron.

Last night he had driven us to his property located outside the city. Where he had told me about a maze and...

I turned my head and found the side of the bed where he had slept beside me for the first time empty.

Where is he?

I sat up quickly, moaning in distress as dizziness came over me. I gave myself a few moments, and when it felt like the world was steady again, I scooted at the edge of the bed, dragging the blanket with me, and stared into space.

I closed my eyes, covering my face with my hands.

Omigod. I slept with Cameron last night.

Beside Cameron, a voice in my head clarified. You slept beside Cameron. You didn't do the deed.

Right.

I looked around. The only light in the cabin was from the orange glow of a fire in the fireplace, but it was enough to see where everything was. His place was a modern open concept with more space than furniture. He was a minimalist.

All this thinking and observing was making my head hurt. It was too early to use my brain cells until I've had my...

Coffee. Please God.