28

She didn't reply and left. Hazik decided to give her some time. late at night, he went to her room, she was sleeping restlessly. Hazik caressed her cheek and left after mumbling a good night. He wanted to see her before sleeping.

Next day when she was still same .Hazik’s patience finished at night. 

He went to her room, she was reading some book, sitting on the bed " let's go for a long drive " Hazik said.

"I am busy " she said still not looking at him. Hazik sat in front of her, and took her book and placed it on side table.

Hazik held her chin and made her look at him. she couldn't hold his eyes and ended up closing them

Hazik sighed and moved her into his lap .Zarmeenay struggled but he didn't let her move. she hurt his wounds during her tries but he didn't show any sign of pain. She stilled after getting tired " tell me, angel "Hazik said caressing her hair.

She tried to get away with new energy, tears started falling from her eyes "I fell in love with you. I fell in love with my beast. that's what's wrong" she sobbed hiding her face in his chest. Hazik pulled her into him tighter.

" I don't know if it will help or not. but I am not as bad as you think. Yes, I kill people, yes, I hurt them. But they are the ones who deserve to be hurt. 2 decades ago, the situation of the country was getting worse day by day. Terrorist attacks, robberies were increasing day by day. government wasn't able to handle the situation, the leaders were trying to have an upper hand on others .at that point, my dad took over.

Country needed a strong ruler. he made sure to keep the evil at bay, now it's my job. the fear of me is important in people, it keeps bad men in control. I don't kill innocents " he explained to her.

" I can't live with a killer " she said moving away, this time he let her. the guilt of loving him wasn't there, but she didn't want to accept it yet.
Hazik didn't say anything else and left .Zarmeenay thought about what he had said. She had realised that many of them were just rumours staying with him. Yes! He was cold, but he also let her in. he showed his love for her. She had never seen him mistreating any one, not that people give him reason to.

Hazik was regretting the time, he told her about killing men. He had killed them, because they were into raping and filming young boys. And then blackmailed them also. There was not any direct proof against them, so sending them to jail had been a mistake. And he didn't think, such monsters deserved anything other than death.

Next day went like this, Hazik didn't try to engage her in any talks. His non differential behaviour wasn't sitting well with Zarmeenay . An older servant who worked in the kitchen talked to her " mam, I don't know what are you worrying about. But if it's about sir Hazik , then let me tell you, no one is totally bad or totally good. Everyone has some of it in them " Zarmeenay listened but didn't say anything. 

She realised that it was true, nothing was black or white, everyone belonged to the grey zone. Hazik was bad, but there was good in him also, which was enough of her. Did she really want to leave him, just because of what people think about him? " pa won't have agreed, if he won't have been good for me " she thought to herself.