36 - nice and slow

Elise Halder
————

There's this thing Luke does when he wears his flannels, and I both hate and love him for it.

It starts at the beginning of the day. The loosely checkered shirt buttoned somewhat modestly, with only the faintest trace of a silver chain and the slightly pale skin of his chest peeking out. And then, somewhere along the line, Luke decides that isn't good enough, and slyly pries open button after button, claiming falsely that he doesn't recall doing so.

But the grin on his face always tells me he knows exactly what he's doing and exactly why he's doing it. And it's definitely not because he "gets too hot", or so he tells me.

And now, as my stomach is flipping and my heart is beating frantically, those damn buttons are taunting me. Mocking me, really, for my fumbling fingers can't quite seem to push the pieces through their rightful holes. Luke notices, as he always does, from his hovering position above me. His eyes are burning, watching my fingers move ungracefully along his shirt as his chest moves deeply up and down.

He takes his lip between his teeth as I huff, rather frustrated that I can't get my fingers to work properly. "Baby," He breathes. "Relax, it's just me."

I shake my head, eyes and fingers still trained intently on the shirt as I scramble with the last two buttons. "I know, I-I just—" I huff again. 

He bites his bottom lip as he looks down, the silver chain around his neck dangling in front of his nearly bare chest. I'm mesmerized when one of his hands leaves the bed to trail down his chest, fingers deftly pushing the buttons free.

"There you go."

I give him a sheepish smile when he removes his hand, the sides of his flannel draping loosely from his torso. "I almost had it." I whisper.

Luke smiles, bringing the same hand up to run his fingertips along the side of my face. "I know you did, I just wanted you to slow down."

My brows furrow the tiniest bit. "Why?"

He licks his lower lip, looking intently at me. "I've got you all night, Lis. There's no rush."

I'm not sure exactly where this is going to go. I know what I want to happen, and I'm almost certain Luke wants the same thing, but I haven't got a clue as to what I'm doing, or how to get to that point. I just want it to happen, now.

I'm frustrated, overwhelmed with a desire I've never felt before, and I blame that as the reason for letting out a small groan. "What if I want to rush?"

Luke shakes his head, dipping down to press a kiss to the crook of my neck. "Babygirl, I know you're eager, but I want to take care of you, nice and slow," I visibly gulp when he drags his lips up to my jaw, voice dropping considerably. "Just like you deserve."

With his lips still attached to my neck and my mouth slightly parted yet unable to speak, Luke reaches down to grab my wrists, pulling them to his chest and guiding them to grip the edges of his undone flannel.

He sits up suddenly, knees on either side of my hips and his hands still gently guiding my wrists to push his shirt off his shoulders. "Do you want that, Elise?" He rasps as our hands successfully push the shirt down his arms.

I nod frantically, watching as he flings the material slowly to the side, eyes still trained intently on me.

"Tell me that you do."

I chew on my lip when his hands find their way to my waist, a firm grip as he waits expectantly for my words. "I-I do," I almost can't concentrate with the way his bare chest moves deeply up and down. "I want this."