25.

Song above: Dekha na dekhay mesha hobe. Rabindra Sangeet by Jayati Chakraborty

~

-HIM-

"What are you doing here?" I growl at him, stepping closer. He left my Nefret alone! Anything could happen to her!

"Arles, it's her. You need to see her soon..." He trails off. Desperation and helplessness are brimming in his eyes. Rey has started pacing at the mention of her name. He wants to see her now. The dam of my patience is about to break.

"What happened, Archander?" I growl stepping closer to him. Our chests are almost touching and I could feel my eyes swapping colour as my blood boils with rage.

"She needs you." He says and this makes Ray stir more inside me. He's fighting for control. He wants to see our mate now and so do I but I am afraid that she won't like seeing me. I am sure about this. I know she must hate me for what I did to her in the past but it will be nothing compared to what I am about to do to her. She might hate me for the whole eternity for the things that I have planned in my head.

The strong urge to see her takes over me and in the next moment, I find myself turning on my heels and heading away from my palace to the mortal realm where my heart resides. I could feel the stars protest as I climb down the mortal realm feeling more and more excited. An invisible thread pulls me closer to her.

Finally, I will be seeing her. After all these years, I'll be bringing her back with me and crowning her the queen. She won't be ready for it and I know that she will try her best to resist me but I won't give up. I'll take what's rightfully mine.

It seems to be the darkest night as I walk on the snow to the pack she lives in. Rey is excitedly pacing inside me. He just can't wait to see her. He's urging me to walk faster. The wind is blowing with all its might and it's snowing heavily.

I am alone in the deserted and dark night as I walk through the pack, passing several houses and pack houses before I reach the Alpha's house.

"I am here Nefret..." I say more to myself as I cross the Alpha's house and walk to the backyard before climbing to her window. As soon as I open the window, her intoxicating scent hits my nose and I almost lose control over myself. I take several deep breaths, trying to fill my lungs with her scent. It's only now when I realize how much I've been starving for her.

I close the window behind me after climbing inside her room. It's dark but I could clearly trace her figure lying on the bed, under the sheets. I let Rey take over before we head to her sleeping figure. Her breaths are brief and deep, signaling that she's asleep.

The room reeks of her scent along with a salty edge to it. I climb on her bed before slipping under her covers. As soon my skin makes contact with her, strong sparks shoot all over my skin and my chest rumbles with a low growl. Every cell in my body lights up with need and desire.

I want her.

I don't wait for another second as I pull her in my arms and bury my nose in the crook of her neck. She responds to my touch right away and snuggles deeper into my arms unconsciously. This makes Rey howl with happiness inside me. Her soft body is pressed against my hard one and sparks are exploding all over my skin.

I run my nose along her neck and feel her baring her neck unconsciously for me. Rey is happy. He wants to mark her now. I cannot do it now, not here while she's asleep. The fact that she is giving into my touch and liking it is making it harder for me to resist sinking my canines into her soft skin.

She might be submitting to me unconsciously but I know that her reaction would be different when she'd be conscious. She might just reject me but she'll be my queen either way. She has to be. There's no other option for her.