𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍; VI.

❝𝑪𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒏 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒃𝒂𝒅?❞━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝐄𝐔𝐑𝐘𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 front door as she held a wide grin. A grin that she was not used to having. She never felt like this at anyone, especially two people she had just met and barely knew. Her eyes sparkled more than ever, but not for long. She shut her door quickly and locked it. She didn't care what the two were at the moment even if they weren't human she wouldn't think of them differently. Yet the problem was she couldn't get attached and that is exactly what she wanted. Eurydice wanted to be attached and she wanted to know everything. Eurydice's smile and happiness quickly deflated as she scowled to herself. Feelings were silly. Why in the Tartarus did she feel this strongly for the two? It was not normal. She did not need them nor did she want them, at least that is what she led herself to believe. Her hair was slightly messier than before but she had ventured out in the woods. She was lucky she didn't look like a wood nymph. Her usually pale cheeks were tinted pink like a frostbitten rose due to the cold air that had whipped her cheeks during her walk, not that she minded. She stood there before Newt peaked his head into the room as he looked at Eurydice. She stood with a book in hand and her bracelet on her wrist once more. Newt's eyes squinted as he recalled during some point in the day Eurydice saying that she had lost it, yet now she had it. He was puzzled but decided to speak.

"Didn't you say you lost that?" He questioned with an eyebrow raised.

"I did." Eurydice nodded confirming it. "When I went to the bookstore a kid from school had seen me and picked up my bracelet for me." She twisted the true story a little bit.

"Alright." He said slightly skeptical. "Who dropped you off? Don't lie."

"Cullen's!" Kaz was quick to yell in the room. "It was the blonde girl's Mercedes-Benz CLK 350."

"HOW DO YOU REMEMBER OR EVEN NOTICE THAT?!" Eurydice yelled slightly shocked.

"I am a son of Hermes! It is what I do!" Kaz yelled with a devious grin as he arrived in the room.

"You were with the Cullen's? The ones we agreed on were off." Newt raised an eyebrow as he crossed his arms.

Eurydice let out a sigh. "I blame Demeter."

"Names mean power." Kaz scolded as he raised an eyebrow.

"Cereal lady saw me. Told me some stuff and then they found me in a bookstore and offered me a ride." That is all Eurydice would say.

"Eurydice.." Newt said in a warning tone as Kaz stood at his side.

"I'm not getting attached. They are just pawns." Eurydice lied extremely convincingly as she crossed her arms. "That is all they'll ever be."

"Say what you wish dear Ghost Queen." Kaz faked a dramatic sigh.

𝐄𝐔𝐑𝐘𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 lips in a thin line. Listening to Kaz and Newt wasn't her favorite way to pass time. Kaz had a thing for dramatics and liked to exaggerate his day. Newt mainly was questioning Eurydice on her thoughts and her feelings, attempting to ask about the two Cullen's she had been alone with only to get shut down. The three ate a frozen pizza as their dinner before disbanding into their rooms. Eurydice immediately shut her door and locked it with a sigh of relief. She rested her forehead against the white wood of her door as her hand slipped from the lock. Her eyes fluttered shut for a moment. She had some time to herself which she decided to use to collect herself. Falling was stupid and she wasn't thrilled. Aphrodite loved to mess with her and it infuriated her.

━━✶━━

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎 weeks went by quickly. Alice had managed to get Eurydice to open up some. Eurydice started sitting with the Cullen's during lunch and during a few classes. She let her guard down at times before putting it right back up. Edward had informed the rest of the Cullen's of Eurydice's hurricane of thoughts. She was not sure of what they were but she knew for certain they were not human. Plus her internal debate on running off to get out of her current predicament with falling for the two Cullen's. Eurydice currently sat at the Cullen's lunch table as she fiddled with her hands. Her brown hair is curlier than ever. She wore a white t-shirt and jeans to go with her red vans and a red jean jacket. Eurydice was currently sitting in her usual seat which was beside Alice and Jasper on her right and on her left was Emmett along with Rosalie. Edward usually was between Rosalie and Jasper. Eurydice had decided that they had to be Empusa, Lamia, or striges. The thing is, if they were, they would have attacked her by now. Edward stared her down as he listened to her thoughts while everyone else chatted or stared around the cafeteria.

"Eurydice, why don't you come by our house after school?" Alice asked with a giant smile as she looked over at the brunette.

Edward's head snapped over to her. "Alice.."

"I'll have to tell Newt and Kaz but sure?" Eurydice raised an eyebrow as she shrugged.

"Great! You can ride with us." Alice clapped happily.

"Eurydice, how is your art project coming along?" Rosalie asked as she eyed Alice and Edward who were seemingly having a conversation without words.

"It's coming along great. It isn't finished yet but it's going well." Eurydice mumbled as she narrowed her eyes at her pitch-black fingertips.

Jasper went to look but she moved her hands before he could. "Is everythin' alright?"

"Yes." Eurydice nodded as she looked at the group. "I need to go see my brother, I'll see you all soon. Some sooner than others." She let out a small laugh before grabbing her belongings and leaving.

Alice watched as she left with a smile wide on her lips. "She'll find out. She'll complete us."

"Now they'll be louder than before." Emmett fake complained to Rosalie who laughed.

━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━