Chapter Fourteen - Taken care of

Next day

Evelyn woke up with a pounding headache and a stuffy nose along with a scratchy throat.  William had gone back for training the night before.  It hurt so fucking much to swallow she couldn't stand it.  

She immediately knew that she was sick.

Evelyn wrapped her favourite robe around her as she now felt warm again and put on her slippers as she made her way into their kitchen and gathered a tea mug and her favourite tea at the moment for whenever she was sick which was chamomile.

Grabbing a kleenex, she blew her nose and threw it away as she then headed back to her bedroom that she shared with William.

*

She heard an incessant amount of knocking at her door and she groaned as she lifted the duvet covers and got out of bed.  She wanted to be left alone as she napped today.  Evelyn knew that it wasn't her wedding planner as she had canceled all meetings this week.  

"I'm coming," she tried to yell out but it came out hoarse as she was now losing her voice.  

Evelyn was sure that whoever it was knocking couldn't hear her because they had stopped for a moment but kept on knocking.  She walked slowly as she had just been woken up from her nap and was kind of grumpy.  Evelyn finally got to the door and opened it as she was surprised to see her mum.

"Mum?" She asked rubbing the sleep from her eyes.  "What are you doing here?"

"I was checking in on you because you weren't answering your phone.  I thought something might've happened.  Didn't know you were sick.  You look awful."

"Thanks mum," Evelyn replied as her throat felt scratchy.  "So nice of you."

"Sorry, didn't mean it like that," she gave her daughter a small smile.  "I just wanted to see if you're all right.  How long have you been feeling sick?" She asked once her daughter let her in and she closed the door.

"Since this morning," Evelyn coughed as she covered her mouth and let out a breath.

"Maybe you should go to the doctor," Natasha told her daughter after she felt her daughter's forehead and realised how hot she felt.  

Natasha walked over to the cabinet and got the thermometer out of the cabinet and stuck it under her daughter's tongue.  It was thirty-eight point three degrees celsius as her eyes widened slightly at how high it was.  

"What was it?" Evelyn asked as her voice sounded raspy.

"Thirty-eight point three.  I'll make you a doctors appointment whilst you rest.  All right, my sweet girl?" Evelyn nodded and murmured a thanks to her mum before she went back to her sofa and laid on it as as she opened up a cough drop and put it in her mouth.  "The next day I was able to get you in wasn't until two days later on the twenty-eighth at two-thirty.  Is that all right?"

"That's fine," Evelyn gave her mum a strained smile.  "Thanks mum."

*

It was two days later when Evelyn got ready to go into the doctors.  She didn't wear any makeup and wore her cosy clothes that she normally wore around the house.  Since she wasn't feeling well at all she didn't even care if people took pictures of her.  Evelyn could have sworn she saw paparazzi from a distance and muttered under breath as they took pictures of her as they had no respect for privacy or seemed to care that Evelyn was sick.

"How long has this been going on?" The doctor asked after she put on some gloves.  

"For three days," Evelyn said raspy.