Flyers and Conflicts

It's been about three days, and it was quieter in the house. As of now, you were reclining on the couch, staring at a flyer in your hand. 

"How long have you been staring at that piece of paper for?" Alois meowed, jumping onto your chest. Ciel sighed, padding over to you and sat on top of the couch. 

"She can't understand your bloody meows, moron," he hissed. The blonde rolled over, looking up at the flyer.

"Hey! It's a... dance. Is that like a party?"

"Ask her in English, idiot." 

Alois closed his eyes, his weight becoming heavier. You shrieked, throwing the paper aside and almost chucking the former cat off as well.

"Please..." you panted, "don't ever take human form on my stomach."

He stared at you for a moment, then pounced on your and engulfing you into a hug. Ciel patted your head out of slight pity as the blonde almost strangled you.

"Anyways, I was gonna ask what a 'homecoming dance' is," he said, letting go of you. You coughed a little before sitting up and grabbing the paper from the ground and smoothing out its wrinkles. 

"A homecoming dance is a school event where people dress semi-fancy clothes and gather. I don't go anymore, but if you guys want to go, I think I have a dress in my closet."

"Indeed you do," another voice piped up. "It's quite a beauty. You should wear it more often."

You raised an eyebrow, looking next to you to see Sebastian sitting next to you with a polite smile. "You are rather pretty already, though."

"Oh, uh, thanks." Your face flushed as he leaned in closer. 

"You know, I think you're prettiest when-"

A butter knife was thrown at the demon's head and sunk into the skin, causing excessive bleeding. You, knowing that he was an immortal being, asked, "are... you okay?"

"Ah yes, I'll go clean up right now miss (Y/n)." He stood up with a bow and hurried to the bathroom. You looked back, seeing Claude push up his fake glasses and leave the room. 

"That was... weird."

Alois stood up and stormed away, only for you and Ciel to hear loud yelling coming from the bathroom. 

Ciel closed his eyes, shifting into his normal, human form (minus the cat ears and tail). "Idiotic bastard."

"That's not nice." 

"Moronic son of a bitch."

You sighed and rolled your eyes at his response. "Sure, that's much better."

"Anyways, tell me about this homecoming thing. Why don't you go anymore?" He asked in a calm voice. You hummed, placing your arms behind your head. 

"I dunno why. I guess I experienced it once and that was enough for me."

Ciel raised an eyebrow. "Oh, really? Well, if you don't want to go, I'll respect your choice."

A silence crossed the two of you before you spoke up once more. "Do you want to go?"

You noticed the boy's ears perk up, but his expression stayed stoic. "That... would be nice."

Sebastian and Alois entered the room again with irritated looks on their faces. "Ah, you're back. Everything alright?"

They exchanged glances but kept their mouths shut. 

"Alright, I won't ask any questions," you sighed, "but Ciel told me that he'd like to go to homecoming for the experience. You on board, Alois?"