chapter nineteen

don'   want   to
lose   you

your p.o.v

Glancing over my shoulder and to my right, I internally sighed when I found Ren's seat to be empty once again. This is the fourth day in a row that he's skipped class and honestly I'm a little concerned for his grades. We're receiving smaller homework assignments to complete during this time we're supposed to be working on our song project, but if Ren isn't showing up to class, that means he's not doing any of his work- I doubt he's even meeting with his composer anymore.

"That idiot is going to get himself kicked out if he doesn't start showing up to class." Syo scoffed as he plopped down in his chair beside my own, immediately leaning back to kick his legs up onto his desk and lean his chair back onto it's hind legs, nearly toppling himself in the process.

Tokiya shook his head as he walked past my desk to sit in the one behind myself. "Jinguji will learn to take this seriously when he has a reason to." He said thoughtfully.

Turning around in my chair, I looked to Tokiya with a slight pout. "But Toki, if he gets kicked out then he won't have a chance to take this seriously! What are we going to do if he gets expelled for refusing to turn in his work and attend class?"

The navy haired idol student looked to me with a bored expression before placing his chin on the palm of his hand and looking out the window beside our desks. "His expulsion won't affect me any."

"Ha, you're right. That just means less competition for us.~" Syo mused, once again rocking back just a little too far in his chair and this time getting dangerously close to falling.

I looked between these two idol students and sighed. "Ren is our friend you guys. I don't get how you two can just write him off so easily... Don't you care about him at all?"

"Jinguji is your classic playboy; he's insensitive, only thinks about himself, flirts constantly, and only get's close to those he wishes to use," Tokiya said blandly, "he was never our friend to begin with ___. The sooner you understand that the sooner you can return to focusing on your own dream instead of always preoccupying yourself with everyone else's well being."

Syo tilted his head to get a good look at Tokiya, his fedora slipping to be a little sideways now. "That was harsh Tokiya. ___ caring for Ren isn't the problem here, it's Ren being a pervy rich idiot that's the problem."

"You two are wrong." I said matter-of-factly as I turned to face forward in my seat once more, class going to be beginning any moment now. "No one is ever just what you think they are. People have layers to them, layers that have been shaped by their past experiences that make them each unique individuals and I doubt that that's any different for Ren. You shouldn't go generalizing people just because you don't know their whole life story."

"And you know his whole life story?" Syo asked with a laugh. "Stop trying to justify Ren being Ren. He's pretty scummy if you ask me."

My shoulders slouched some at that. "Let's just drop this then if you both are going to say such mean things when he isn't even here to defend himself." I said dejectedly.

Just as the blonde sitting beside me was fixing to speak once more, Ryuuya came walking into the classroom, successfully ending any and all ongoing conversations. Our idol teacher scanned the room with his eyes lingering on Ren's empty seat before glancing to me questioningly. I just shook my head along with shrugging my shoulders slightly. Who knows where Ren is right now or when he'll decide to show up to class again.