Chapter 10

A/N: hey everyone! school actually wasn't that bad today, it was the best first day of school that i've had in awhile! got some great classes and teachers, so im happy :) the second i got home i decided to continue writing, even though i have homework (yay for procrastination!) and it took awhile to get this just right, even if it is really short! thanks for the comments and votes too by the way! logging onto wattpad and seeing all these amazing comments seriously makes my day, so thank you so so much

Chapter 10

LOUIS POV

Louis sat there in silence for a while after his father left, fighting back the tears. He didn't know how long he was sitting there, and he didn't notice the cleaning crew muttering words of sympathy to him while they were sweeping up the bits of shattered glass. He felt searing pain, right in his heart, and disappointment. Harry said he'd be there for him whenever he needed him. He promised. But I guess promises are bound to be broken. Louis should've known, nothing in his life ever went right. Ever. Harry was too good to be true. He wished he hadn't run into him on the first day on the Titanic. There was this awful pain in his gut; his insides felt like they had been ripped apart. He couldn't fight the tears any longer, and when they began pouring down his face, he somehow regained feeling in his legs, jumped up, and ran out the door. He raced through the suite, holding back sobs, and sprinted all the way through the corridor and onto the top deck. There was a restaurant on deck that served lunch and dinner only, so it was completely empty, save for the chairs and tables under a large white canopy. Louis ran through the tables, knowing that on one end, there was a grand piano. The restaurant would hire a musician to play during dinner, and at the moment, the lid was closed and it was just sitting there, no one playing it. Louis let out a sigh of relief, already feeling calmer. He sat down on the piano bench, slid the lid up, and tentatively pressed on a key. The sound rang across the deck, but no one was there. It was too early for most to be out there. Louis gently placed both hands on the keys and began moving his fingers, playing a beautiful melody, Torn by Natalie Imbruglia. It was one of his favorite songs to play, and the lyrics clearly fit in with his current situation. He began to sing softly with the music in his clear, sweet voice. "There's nothing left, I used to cry, my conversation has run dry, that's what's going on, nothing's fine I'm torn," Louis closed his eyes as he continued singing and playing, getting lost in the music, finding his place of comfort in his time of devastation as tears streamed down his face.

HARRY POV

Harry had woken up quite early that morning and since Zayn was still asleep, he decided to take a walk. Not like he had anything else to do, and he wanted a bit of fresh air. The deck was empty, and Harry breathed in deeply, the cold air hitting his lungs. He couldn't stop thinking about last night. Louis was amazing, last night was perfect, and he began liking Louis even more than before (which he didn't think was possible). He had started thinking, during the party, that maybe...it was love. And though love is a strong word, and it's especially odd because they'd only known each other for 2 days, there was no other way Harry could describe this powerful feeling. He just couldn't. And it felt brilliant. Harry turned a corner and started walking by an empty restaurant and heard the soft tinkling of piano keys accompanied by a high, but beautiful, voice. Curious, Harry walked along through the restaurant, until he came to the piano. He stopped about 10 feet away from it, and watched the small figure seated on the bench play.  Louis. He knew Louis wanted to be a musician. But he never knew the boy was this talented. And his VOICE. Dear lord, his voice. It was the most perfect, beautiful voice he had ever heard in his life. It was high, yet soft and sweet so it wasn't nasaly, and Louis hit every note perfectly. As he stepped closer, he saw that Louis' entire body was trembling, and his voice began to sound like he was holding back sobs. Harry continued walking toward the boy he loved, and began to sing along with him in his deep, husky voice. "Nothing's fine I'm torn, I'm all out of faith, this is how I feel..." he sang, their voices fitting together perfectly, before Louis' hands froze. He spun around quickly, looking to see who it was that had interrupted him. Louis' eyes were red and tears were running down his face, and the second he looked at Harry his eyes began to fill and more tears began to overflow. Then his expression changed suddenly, his eyes hardened, and his usually warm blue irises turned cold as ice. He clenched his jaw and stood up, sliding the lid back into place and pushing the bench in. Harry moved closer to the boy and put his arm around his shoulder. "Lou, baby, what happened? Why are you so sad? And mad?" He reached up to wipe a tear off of Louis' cheek, but Louis slapped his hand away from his face and shrugged out from under Harry's arm. Harry was stunned. "Louis? What's happening?" he inquired, wanting answers. Louis scoffed. "Don't act like you don't know!" He laughed bitterly, his glare stabbing Harry right in the heart. Harry gulped. "Why do you hate me?...like what have I done?" he asked slowly, taking long pauses. Louis' ice cold blue eyes met Harry's worried green ones. "My father told me. About your little girlfriend you were fooling around with after I left last night." Harry's eyes widened in shock. "What?! No! There was no girl! Why would you believe him, there's no way he was even with me after the party!" Louis' eyes narrowed. "My father has people who watch for him. They had been watching us dance and hang out all night, they mentioned the part where we danced and got...close, I guess...to my Dad and he knows I'm gay now. He...didn't take it well....And after yelling at me, he told me that Caroline saw you making out with some slut," Louis explained, his voice trembling and cracking. "Lou," Harry said softly, taking a step forward. Louis took a step back as he did so, and Harry couldn't hide the pain that shot through him when Louis did that. It stung. "You have to trust me. I wouldn't do that, I swear. There's no girl. I like you, no one else." Louis barked out another bitter laugh. "That's what I thought too. Guess I was wrong. Can't believe you have the nerve to stand there and lie straight to my face."  "Lou I'm not lying! I-"  "No. No excuses, no apologies. I need to go. Now." Louis turned around and started walking away. "Louis please," Harry whispered, pained. He had never felt so devastated and confused and just plain HURT. Stupid fucking Tomlinson, lying to Louis. Why would he take it that far? Sure he didn't like Harry, and Harry knew that (and the feeling was mutual) but hurt his son like that? The guy's got to be delusional. Louis turned back for a second, sadness doubt and another emotion he couldn't describe lingering in his eyes, before they disappeared and became ice-cold again. "Goodbye Harry," he whispered, barely loud enough for Harry to hear. And with that, Louis walked off, leaving a stunned and hurt Harry standing by the piano, alone.