Chapter 12

Toby's POV

I wake up and look around me. When did I fall asleep? I'm in Masky's room. I see a note and grab it.

Tobes,
Just so you don't worry, I left to do a mission. I'll be back soon. Love you <3
~Masky

I smile. I get up and stretch till I hear a satisfying crack sound. I yawn and go downstairs. I grab the waffles from the freezer and put two in the toaster. I grab a plate and fork and look for the chocolate syrup.

"D-Damn it. Where is i-it?" I mutter. I open a cupboard to see the chocolatey goodness sitting on the top shelf. OUT OF MY REACH.

"God damn it!" I cuss. I sigh and climb the counter and grab it. I slip and fall. I land on my back, but don't hit my head.

"Note to self, b-be careful..." I mutter as I get up. The chocolate syrup had landed on the counter. I grab it after I hear the toaster. Once the waffles were on the plate I dump the syrup on them.

"Y-Yum." I say and hide the syrup to where nobody will find it. I eat the waffles slowly, savoring the delicious taste. Once I had finished and put the plate in the sink, I go in the living room and wait for Masky.

When he got back, he was breathing heavily.

"Masky?" I ask, getting up and going over to him. He falls onto me. I notice his jacket was torn and blood-soaked. He was whimpering. I shut the door and pick Masky up bridal style to which, surprisingly, he was pretty light. He lies his head on my shoulder. I go upstairs into my room. I go in the bathroom and set him down on top of the toilet seat.

"Ngh... O-Ow..." Masky whimpers. I take his jacket off him. Same with his shirt. I examine the wounds. Claw marks. That son of a bitch is gonna motherfucking DIE for hurting Masky. I fill the bathtub with water. Masky tilts his head.

"What're you doing?"

"I'm gonna c-clean the wounds." I reply. I turn off the water.

"Oh... O-Okay....." I go up to Masky and gently take his mask off. His brown eyes look at me curiously. He stands up. He whimpers in pain while doing so.

Smol timeskip

I sigh. Masky was whimpering quietly as he sat in the water. I gently grab him by his chin and make him look at me. I gently nuzzle him. He relaxes a little.

"It hurts..." He whimpers. I give him a small smile.

"I k-know it hurts. But you have t-to bare with i-it for now, okay? I p-promise to be gentle." I say. He nods slightly.

"O-Okay...." I gently start to wash Masky's back. He'd hiss and whimper in pain but that was all. Once I was finished I washed his hair, even if he said he could do it himself.

Another timeskip

Masky was currently lying on my bed. He would whimper every few minutes because he'd move his back. I pet his hair.

"Shh... I-Its okay Masky." I gently nuzzle him. He smiles lightly.

"Thank you..." He mumbles. I sit next to him. He sits up and hisses in pain, but deals with it and cuddles into my side. I smile. Masky calmly lies his head on my shoulder. I gently move him so he's sitting on my lap. He purrs and lies his head against my chest. I look at Masky. He was smiling lightly. He looks up at me and smiles more. I pull my mouth guard down and kiss him. He kisses back. I pull away after a minute or so. Masky yawns. He lies his head on my chest again.

"I'm tired.." He mumbles.

"Then g-go to sleep. I promise I-I won't leave." Masky nods before yawning again and falling asleep, curled up in my lap.