Allie

Pregnant.

I look back at Spencer, completely confused.

"I'm on the pill, though..." I shake my head. "I take it every day at the same time."

"I know," He sighs, looking back at me with sad eyes. "The nurse said that it's rare, but that it does happen. I don't know the exact statistics..."

"So, what do we do?" I look down at our hands. "What now?"

"That's up to you, Allie." He says simply with a shrug.

"No," I shake my head again. "No, it's not up to just me. What do you want, Spencer? Do you even want kids?"

"Of course I do, but..." The boy loses his words, desperately trying to find them as he grips my hand. "It doesn't matter what I want. We have to think about you. You're twenty-one, Allie. You're not even out of school yet."

I don't say anything back, just stare off into space.

"Not to mention that pregnancy takes a big toll on your body,"

I'm at a loss. I don't know what to do, but I know what Spencer wants. He wants kids. I feel like crying, but I can't. Tears won't come out. All that I can do is just stare blankly at the sheet over me.

A knock on the door catches mine and Spencer's attention.

"Come in," I call.

The door opens, revealing a woman with a clipboard. She gives me a small smile. "You're up! I'm Caroline, your nurse. We are going to keep you overnight, just to be sure that you're in stable condition and strong enough to go home. I do see that the doctor overseeing you did order an ultrasound, so we'll be doing that in just a little bit here. For now, just rest up. If you need anything, just hit your call button!"

I give her a weak smile and a nod. "Thanks."

After she leaves and closes the door, I look over at Spencer. His sad brown eyes meet mine and he gives me a half-smile.

"Are you mad?" I ask him, squeezing his hand.

"What do I have to be mad about?" He tilts his head in confusion, looking like a big puppy.

"That I didn't listen to you, and that I pushed you out of the way..." I frown at him.

Spencer chuckles, shaking his head. "No, I'm not mad. I was terrified because I could have lost you. If 'you suck' was the last thing you ever said to me, though, I would have been really angry."

A dorky smile spreads across my lips.

"There it is, there's that smile..."

"Quit it," I feel a blush creep onto my cheeks.

Spencer lifts my hand up to his lips and plants a kiss on each of my knuckles, then the back of my hand. "I love you. Now, do you want me to go grab you some clothes now or in the morning?"

I raise an eyebrow at him. "You're staying?"

"Of course I am, Allie."

I opt for having him go get them now, just because I don't want him to leave in the morning. When he leaves, Penelope takes his spot and the two of us chat. She tells me that I'm brave and even gives me a teddy bear from the gift shop. I bite my tongue about the pregnancy thing. Luckily, they don't take me for the ultrasound until Spencer is back.

He holds my hand through it and his face seems to light up when he hears the heart beat and sees a tiny peanut looking thing on the monitor.

It's killing me.