Chapter 58: Irresistible Emotions

The amazing cover below by @mahgadahling
Thank you so much... I love it...

Here's the next update

Sarah's POV

The doctor shook his head sideways, almost stopping my heart beat and then he said, "It was really tough, he had lost a lot of blood but we managed to get the bullet out and luckily it hadn't hit the vertebral column." Oh my god. I dropped into the chair almost blacking out. Keith was ok. He was going to be ok. He was alive and he'll be able to walk as well. Oh thank god! I just want him to be alright. All this happened to him because of me. I need him, more than anything else.

We were allowed to see him after he was moved to a normal room. He was still unconscious due to the anesthesia. Everyone had left after taking a peek at him to see if he was ok. Avery and Kiara left to home last. I was left to enter the room on my own. I entered cautiously, I sat beside his bed and held his hand with a great weight in my heart. My heart twisted and turned in guilt. I hadn't listened to anything he had to say, I just left. I judged based on the past and that isn't fair because people change, feelings change and things just change! I'm tired of fighting it. I'm tired of thinking that I should have self respect and push him away just because he hurt me in the past. A tear that dripped down my face was at the bottom of my chin threatening to fall. I didn't bother wiping it away. I slowly caressed his hands with my thumb, the teardrop fell on his hand and I quickly wiped it away. His fingers moved slightly and I heard his hoarse voice whisper my name.

"Sarah."

That's it, I couldn't take it anymore. I broke down completely. Unraveling my feelings, love and my joy in seeing him alive in one piece again. He opened his eyes and he called my name again. I kissed his forehead, his cheeks and finally my lips captured his. I could tell he was surprised but he kissed me back. After what seemed like a thousand sunlit days where everything seemed perfect, our lips separated though our foreheads were still connected and our breath overlapped each other's.
"What were you thinking, Keith?" "How could you just do that? Sacrifice yourself for me? Do you think I would have been able to live with myself if anything happened to you." I asked him, crossly, despite the fact that he had just regained consciousness.

He chuckled softly. How could he laugh at such a situation?

"Do I look funny to you?" I demanded.

"No, Sarah." "I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if anything happened to you. Seeing him hurt you like that just snapped something inside me and I had to get you to safety by any means necessary." He replied with a small nod as if to say that he meant every word he said.

"Just don't do anything dangerous like that ever again." I scolded him.

"As long as you are within my eyesight, you have my word, Sarah." He lifted his hands in agreement.
I gave him a sip of water from a plastic cup of water covered with foil, that was kept on the table beside his bed. He finished it within a second. He must've been thirsty. I can't believe I didn't think of giving him the water earlier. I mentally slapped my own forehead for my carelessness.

"Sarah, I have something to tell you. I didn't make that document asking for legal rights of ownership of your father's company. I didn't even know it was still-" I interrupted him,
"I know, Keith. Noel explained everything and it was his idea and that you never wanted any of that. Don't worry about anything. Just take rest, ok?"

He shut his eyes as I ran my fingers through his hair and placed a kiss on his forehead. This wasn't the right time to tell him about Jessica and Alex and how they were the reason I had try to come back to him. I'll tell him tomorrow, I thought.

I rested back on the chair and sent messages to Avery, Kiara, Noel and Jake that Keith gained consciousness and now he's asleep. They all replied almost immediately. Visiting time was over so they had to come see him tomorrow. I looked at Keith letting tiny snores out of his mouth and chuckled to myself and fell asleep...

Author's note: hey guys!! I'm sorry I didn't really realize I took a three and a half month break until one of you guys pointed it out. So I thought I'll do my best from now on but sometimes there's gonna be stuff I can't get out of and like another lovely reader requested I will definitely let you know if I intend on taking a break 🙂

Thank you all for sticking to Sarah and her problems and her search for her husband's heart. I guess she finally found it. It belonged to her and only her... or does it?? Sarah is going to mention Jessica to Keith. Do you think it'll reignite old feelings? Do you think Sarah will feel jealous on how Keith reacts ??

Stay tuned to find out... much love 💕

 much love 💕