His Last Vow Part 2

"You don't tell him. Sherlock," Mary leaned closer to the semi-conscious detective. "You don't tell John. Look at me, and tell me you're not going to tell him."

Sherlock opened his eyes. Mary was gone, and the sun had come up, flooding his hospital room with light. Evelyn sat by the side of the bed, holding his hand. He squeezed her hand.

She looked up, her gaze meeting his familiar blue one. Tears welled up in her eyes.

"Sherlock," Eve breathed.

"No crying, emotion is the death of reason." Sherlock said with a soft smile.

She let out a relieved laugh. Evelyn kissed him. When she moved away, Sherlock leaned forward, chasing the kiss. He groaned at the pain in his stomach. Eve reached for the morphine machine, but Sherlock grabbed her hand.

"I need to think. Morphine isn't particularly good for that." He said.

Evelyn hated to see him hurting, but she let him do what he needed to do. Sherlock closed his eyes against the pain, leaning into the pillow. After a minute or so, he opened his eyes and looked at her with an expression she knew all too well.

"I need your help to get out of here." He said.

"Sherlock, you were just shot―" Eve protested.

"By Mary Watson."

"...what? Sherlock, if this is one of those things where you're saying that for dramatic effect because she's distantly related to the event..."

"Mary Watson pulled the trigger on the gun that propelled a bullet through my body." Sherlock said.

Eve covered her mouth with her hand.

She stood up, blood boiling.

"Evelyn, stop." Sherlock stopped her as her hand touched the doorknob.

"Why, Sherlock?" Eve asked, shaking with rage. "She shot you. My best friend―well, whatever she is now― she tried to kill you."

"But she didn't" Sherlock reasoned. "She could've killed Magnussen and me and been done with it, but instead she shot me in the stomach and I survived to tell you."

"Why did she do it?" Evelyn asked, coming back and sitting down.

"That's what I need your help with." Sherlock said. "She's been lying to us for nearly two years. I aim to find out who she really is. You and John could be in danger."

"What do we do?" Eve asked.

"We disappear." Sherlock said.

John led Lestrade up the steps to Sherlock's room on the second floor a little while after sunset.

"I don't know how much sense you'll get out of him." John warned. "He's drugged up, so he's pretty much babbling."

Lestrade got out his phone.

"Oh, and they won't let you use that in here, you know." John said.

"No, I'm not going to use the phone, I just want to take a video." Lestrade said.

John chuckled, opening the door. Sherlock's bed was empty and there was no Evelyn in sight. The window was open.

"Oh, Jesus." John said.

John called Mary to tell her the news.

"Well, where would they go?" She asked.

"Oh, Christ knows. Try finding the two smartest people in London." John said.

According to Lestrade, Sherlock's three main bolt-holes were Parliament Hill, Camden Lock and Dagmar Court.

According to Mycroft, there were five when you added the blind greenhouse in Kew Gardens and the leaning tomb in Hampstead Cemetery.