Chapter 11- The Bump

Whoa Baby.

Chapter 11- The Bump

"Be in love with YOUR LIFE. Every minute of it." – John Kerouac

We woke up early that morning, early being almost nine o'clock for us. I guess our eager bodies couldn't wait to spend our first day on the beach. I had woken up, and got a bowl of Apple Jax for breakfast. Emma and Alice, one after the other, came down and claimed their box of cereal and munched on breakfast.

When I had cleaned up my mess, I went upstairs and put on my bikini. I did my routine habit of brushing my teeth and putting in my contacts before wandering down stairs wondering if the girls were going to join me.

Moments later, when I was already laying on the beach, tanning, and listening to my music, the two of them came running out to join me. "Beach selfies!" Emma cheered, turning her iPhone around and snapping pictures, surely to put on Instagram. "Oh my God, this doesn't even feel real. I can't believe we've graduated and are going off to College in just a few months. I can still remember my first day of freshman year like it was yesterday." Emma tells, staring at the ocean as she spoke.

"Well, we survived, and now it's time to move on. High School is going to be cake walk compared to what College is. Sure you don't have as many classes in one day, but the work makes up for that." Alice chimes in, removing the earbuds out of her ears.

"I'm sure if you survived Avon High for four years, then I'm sure we can survive the Colleges we go to." I declare, propping myself on my elbows, "I think we can do it." I looked at the time on my phone, though we've only been here for no more than ten minutes, I couldn't help but have a small sweet craving. "I'll be right back, I'm going to grab something to munch on." I say, getting up and trying to get as less sand on my towel as possible.

"Grab me my Pringles." Emma hollers, when I'm only a few feet away from our spot. When I come back Alice is testing the water. I knew it had to be somewhat cold if Alice jumped back when the wave crashed at her feet.

Before handing Emma her Pringle can, I steal a few even with a grimace on her face. "Is that the new bikini you bought?" Alice asked, laying back on her towel.

"Yeah, it is. I didn't think I'd be too crazy about the floral print but when it came in and I tried it on it looked pretty." I shrugged, pulling at the straps and fixing the bottoms.

"If I can remember one thing about the summer it's the awesome bikini body you have that I envy. Flat stomach and a nice butt. What's going on? That's not your signature flat stomach." Emma points out, as she eats Pringles.

"I can see why you don't have the flat stomach." Alice mumbles, nodding to the can of Pringles.

I look down at my stomach, panicked, putting a hand over it. How could one notice a sheer bump of skin? Not even I noticed what looked like could be a bloated stomach from eating and having a full stomach. I lifted my head up with a smirk on my lips, "Guess I have to lay off the ice cream." I joke. I squint back down on my stomach, really looking to see if it was noticeable, but I couldn't see it.

"Well that's rude, Em." Alice scoffed, "Paisley you have nothing to worry about, you are not fat. Your stomach is pretty flat to me. You don't need to lay off the ice cream." She says, shaking her head at me.

"I think you need to get your vision checked, Em." I chuckle lightly, sitting back on my towel.

===

A few hours later and we decided to walk over to Gabe's house to see if they were ready for a round of volleyball. The sun shined bright, heating our fairly tan skin, only a slight, once-in-a-while breeze passed by to keep us cool down. The seagulls are vicious from what I remember. I saw them swoop down on a bag of chips near someone's towel while they were in the water and ripped the bag open with their sharp talons! A flock of them arrived no more than ten seconds later.