36

a week since the party, leyla is wondering the streets of LA alone, wanting to explore a bit and clear her head. luke has texted her everyday but she had ignored them. calum hung out with her as much as he could and ashton tried to make sure luke stayed sane and not do anything stupid.

she was by the beach, and sat down on a wall looking at the waves, hoping they would stop her from feeling so much hurt.

"leyla?" a voice said from behind her. she looks behind and sees luke, he was in a top with holes in it, a pair of shorts and his hair was a mess and his eyes looked like he had barely slept. "sorry, i just saw you and couldn't stop myself." he looked her over, she looked good, her hair was in a neat ponytail, she was wearing a pair of of mini shorts and a loose tank top.

"it's okay." she whispers, turning back around. hesitating slightly, luke sits down beside her.

"you don't want to talk to me, i know. but seeing as we are both here, i should explain." leyla stays quiet and lets luke talk. he rants about what happened and how stupid he was and how he's been nothing without her and throughout it all she just stares out at the ocean, trying not to cry.

"please stop." leyla suddenly says. "you've explained. and you've said how shit you feel. i feel shitter. you were supposed to be the guy for me. i thought i was finally happy and settled and loving life but i was wrong. something always ruins it."

"im so sorry." luke whispers. "ill do anything to make it up to you, please know that."

"i know. and i want to give you that chance because you made me so happy. but im terrified." leyla admits, looking luke in the eye for the first time since he appeared beside her. she gets lost in his eyes for a second before realising everything that had happened.

"let me walk you home?" he asks. leyla nods her head without thinking and gets up. they walk side by side in silence, their hands occasionally knocking. luke grabs her hand and she lets him, feeling safe again.

they soon reach calum's and they stop outside the front door. neither of them let go and they just stare at each, luke tucking leyla's hair behind her ear.

"im not going to come in, i don't want to push you too much. thank you for letting me explain and walk you home."

"it's okay." leyla says quietly, still holding his hand. luke kisses her on the forehead and tries to walk away, leyla stopping him by not letting go of his hand. he walks back over and she plants a kiss on his lips. "you have so much to make up for."

"i know, gorgeous." he kisses her quickly once more and leaves. she stands by the door, slightly confused at what just happened before going into the house.

she wonders around looking for calum, only to find him in the garden with a guitar. smiling at how cute he looks she heads on other, sneaking up on him.

"fuck, ley! don't do that!" calum shouts, clutching his chest. leyla giggles in response and sits opposite calum, crossing her legs. "have you had a good day?"

"i ran into luke." she admits, not wanting to look at calum and see his face at this moment.

"and?"

"i was sat by the water and he was there too and we spoke a bit, he explained and then he walked me home and i ended up giving him a little kiss and yeah. he still has so much to make up for but yeah." leyla explains, trying to get her words out but struggling. "im willing to give him another chance, if he shows me how sorry he is."

"im sure he will." calum agrees, smiling. he goes back to his guitar and starts strumming. leyla just sits and watches as he does so. she enjoyed watching the boys play and seeing how they write their songs, after all she was just a fan to them for a long time. "want a go?"

"yeah!" she takes the guitar and finds her way and soon starts playing a bit of beside you, the bit that luke had taught her. calum smiles at how good she was. "that was shit."

"no no, that was good! did luke teach you?" calum asks, taking the guitar back. she nods her head, blushing slightly. "you're pretty talented. he's got some competition."

after sitting there for a while, leyla soon gets up to go for a shower. as she walks away calum watches her go, taking in her good looks and body. he loved luke, and knew how much the two of them liked each other and were good for each other but he couldn't help but wonder what it would be like if it was him instead. he had fallen for his best friends girl and there was nothing he could do about it but all he could think about when around her was kissing her and having her in his arms. he had fucked up.