Eleven

"What do you want me to explain, Louis? We've already had this conversation. I told you why I said no," Harry restated.

Louis nodded. "I know you did. What I want to know is an answer. I want to know if I should keep fighting for us or start moving on."

"You already have something else lined up?" Harry asked, quirking his eyebrow.

"No, that's not what I meant it to come across as. I don't want to move on because I love you, but I don't want to stay if it's not going to go anywhere," Louis clarified. "We're in a gray area, H. I need to know: do you want to be with me or not?"

Harry gulped. He didn't expect such a heavy question to be asked, although, he should have. After all they had went through throughout their relationship, throughout the past six months - it was a lot. Harry didn't want to put up with the lies and bullshit. But Harry couldn't picture himself being with anyone other than Louis. Maybe he was blinded, but when he imagined his future and how it would be, Louis was always there, whether Harry was thinking about him or not .That gave him his answer.

"Yes. Louis. I do want to be with you. You know that I love you. Fate pulled us together. It pulled us together before we even knew each other. But you have to understand what we've been through, what I've been through this past year. I love you, but I'm not going to jump head first into an engagement. You understand, right?" Harry explained. "I didn't reject you to be a dick or difficult. We're just starting to get back on talking terms. We need to get back into the groove of being together. There's a lot going on right now. I know we just got off tour, but we need to get back to life first."

Louis was quiet, but he wasn't mad. He was absorbing what Harry was saying. "I understand. I just...I want you to be mine forever."

Harry grabbed Louis' hands and looked at him in the eyes. "I am yours. Whether I have a ring on my finger or not. There's nobody else that I'd rather spend my life with."

"Can we quit fighting? Can we just go back to being together and doing what normal parents do while they wait for their daughter to arrive?" Louis asked, an excited smile on his face as he rubbed circles into Harry's hand.

"Yes, yes, I would love that," Harry smiled. "Although, I can't say that we're going to be very normal."

"Well, as normal as we can be. It's not everyday that a man is walking around with a baby in his stomach," Louis chuckled. "It'll be good. We may have to hide it from the rest of the world, but you and I will know."

Harry's smile grew. He was so excited that they were getting on the same page and that they were going to act like normal parents and do normal things that expecting parents did. Harry's dreams were coming true. Finally.

"I can't believe that this is happening. This is everything that I've always wanted for us. Maybe it wasn't exactly like this, but I'm so grateful that we get to start a family together," Harry told him. "It's at the perfect time too. With the hiatus, we have an indefinite paternity leave. We have time to spend with our beautiful girl and just live like normal families do for however long."

Thinking about it and talking about it definitely gave Harry's stomach butterflies with the amount of excitement. Their future was bright. There was so much in store for them and he couldn't wait for it. Not that he wanted to quit One Direction, but he was happy that the band decided to take a break from all the touring and recording. He loved all of that, but it was time to live life a little bit. Remember what it was like to live at home and wake up in the same bed for a while.

"I love you, Harry. I really do. I'm glad that we got through this huge rough patch. We can make it through anything, baby," Louis told him, his blue eyes twinkling in the light.