Hoc est meum

"Parseltongue", Thoughts, "Normal speech", "telepathy"

When Harry woke the next day, it took him a few minutes to get his bearing and realise where he was. Upon doing so, he swore viciously and loudly. It wasn't just a weird dream, he really was here, back in time and probably stuck. His body protested as he painfully peeled it off the cold floor he was lying on. Seriously, how muddled was his mind that he didn't even think to transfigure the horrible excuse of a mattress he had slept on into a nice bed or even a sofa?

He could sense that his family was still in the house as he stretched and came out of the cupboard. To be honest, he would have found it endlessly amusing had Petunia packed up and snuck away in the middle of the night while he slept and was none the wiser. Looking into the living room, he sighed when he saw Dudley's slumped form still on the chair. He should have known that his aunt wouldn't be able to carry him up to his bed. Then again, he really shouldn't find it funny that he she just left the boy to sleep on the chair. He trudged upstairs and into the bathroom in a sleepy daze, and it was only when he was in the shower that he realised that he had no clean cloths he would want to wear. Another sigh slipped from his lips as it dawned on his that he was going to have to use his little magic to clean and transfigure what he was wearing earlier. Ever since his escape from Azkaban he was used to a certain standard of appearance when in the presence of others and he wasn't about to let that change just because he was back in time.

He didn't know how long he spent in the shower, but he was faintly aware when his aunt and nephew woke up. He ignored them though, focusing instead on the hot spray of water as a sort of massage for his sore muscles. When he realised he was turning into a prune, he finally shut off the water and towelled himself dry. With a wandless and silent scrougify, the clothes were clean, and he was slipping it on. Finally, he turned to the full-length mirror hanging behind the bathroom door and took a closer look at himself. He was incredibly small, and his features were gaunt from near starvation. The top alone looked like a dress on him, causing him to appear even more sickly than normal. The dull muted tones of the top and his glasses did nothing for his complexion either.

There was nothing he could do for the glasses at the moment, so he focused his attention on his clothes. He transfigured the top into a somewhat loose fitting black robe with silver detail and the bottoms into a matching pair of trousers with cuffs at the bottom around his ankles. Picking up one of his aunt's hairpins on the counter to his left, he also transfigured that in a nice pair of black shoes.  With the limited access he had to his magic, he was quite proud of his work. He didn't look anywhere as prim and proper as a pureblood heir, but he didn't look like a scruffy rug rat either. With a nod to his reflection, he left the bathroom and wandered downstairs where his aunt was making breakfast.

She didn't say anything when she saw him which he appreciated immensely. He was still very peeved at her for not mentioning the kind of relationship she had with Vernon and even more peeved at himself for not noticing anything the first time he lived with them. Dudley was already sat at the table, his face clean, scoffing down food, but he slowed down considerably as Harry took the seat opposite him. The paper was sitting innocently on the table and he sighed when he picked it up and saw the date. 2nd of July 1990. Just a few weeks under a year before he received his Hogwarts letter. If this wasn't proof enough, he didn't know what was.

He started slightly when a plate with steaming breakfast was put down in front of him and looked up in time to see his aunt turn back towards the cooker. He wasn't going to thank her something that she should have been doing but he appreciated it non-the-less. "we will be going to London today and you will be driving. I would go alone but I do not have either muggle or wizarding money at the moment" he noticed her flinch when he mentioned wizards, but he ignored it, waiting for her reply.