4 || I'll Rise Up For You

Casey laid in her bed deep in her rem sleep but jumped up when she heard the sound of glass breaking. She immediately reached in her nightstand for her 9 and ran into Deuce's room where he laid still asleep. Shaking Deuce, he finally woke up and started crying so she placed her hands over his mouth while picking him up.

"Shhhhhhh. Please Deuce be quiet this is important." She said trying not to show her fear. After putting him down, she pulled him close to her while he rubbed his eyes. "I need you to go to mommy's favorite hiding place in your closet okay? & be very quiet. Don't come out until I come get you!"

"Okay" he said as he grabbed the iPad and headphones out of Casey's hands and ran into the closet.

As Casey was heading out of Deuce's room, she heard footsteps. When they got closer, she held her gun up to the assailant's head. "What the hell Benji? What are you doing here?" She asked without lowering her gun. Once she noticed it was Benji, her first thought was why was he here. As soon as he opened his mouth to respond, she could smell the alcohol on his breath.

"What do you mean? You haven't been answering my calls, responding to my texts, I came to check on you."

"By BREAKING in my window at 4:42 in the morning? Are you out of your mind?"

"Casey give me this. I miss you!" He said reaching for the gun which only caused Casey to slap him with it. Growing angry, he punched Casey, connecting with her nose and jaw drawing blood immediately. When he saw Casey wiping her nose, he took the time to push her against the wall and rub her body aggressively while kissing on her neck.

"BENJI STOP! I'm not playing. YOU ARE FUCKING TRIPPIN MY NIGGA." She said trying to gain all the strength to push him off but it wasn't enough. She started to kick and punch as hard as she could causing Benji to laugh. Benji was a lot bigger and more powerful than Case but he couldn't deny that she was a fighter. With her son in the same house not too far away, she was determined to beat Benji's ass or kill him. She looked at him and noticed something different about him. This wasn't the same man she dated. They never had sex or were intimate — barely kissed and he's acting so different. His body had this evil glow about him and the evil laugh only made it worse.

"BENJI PLEASE LEAVE." She said holding her jaw. He turned to face her and slapped her so hard causing her to hit her head on the wall. She was trying her hardest to stay conscious with Deuce being in the house. She didn't want Benji to turn his anger towards her son.

Meanwhile, Deuce could hear his mom's yelling and cries. Not wanting to call his dad while he was at "work," he called his other favorite person via FaceTime. He didn't pick up at first so Deuce called right back, again and again and again until it was answered the fifth time. Deuce could notice he was angry and heard a voice in the background but as soon as he noticed the fear in Deuce's face he immediately jumped up half naked trying not to show Deuce his body.

"Deuce whats wrong?"

"Mommy needs help uncle G."

"Help? What's wrong?"

"I don't know" Deuce said as he started to cry. G could hear Casey yelling in the background and immediately knew something was wrong. Case hardly ever brought drama around Deuce.

"Turn on batman. You know how to get to it?" G asked as Deuce shook his head. "Aight I'm on my way. Where are you?"

"In mommy's favorite place."

"Don't come out for anyone but me, you hear me?"

"Okay." Deuce said as he softly cried and G hung up the phone. Doing as told, Deuce turned on his favorite Batman movie and put his headphones in his ears as he laid down waiting on his uncle.