5 || You're All I Need

"Mr. Miller?" Dr. Thomas approached the group searching for Gabe. Rod and Gabe had people working behind the scenes to get Case and the family to a secluded floor. When Gabe left to shower, he immediately called Bethany and Marty to handle this for him.

"What's up?" Gabe said standing up not familiar with Dr. Thomas at all. "You and your family can follow me and I'll lead you to Ms. Jones."

"Preciate it." Gabe said as the family followed.

"How is she?" Niecy asked as she walked alongside the doctor.

"She's better. Sleep but looks better now that we have her cleaned up. She definitely didn't go down without a fight." The doctor informed her.

"How long is she expected to stay?"

"Just a day or two. We want to monitor her after the transfusion. When she wakes up, she may be cranky and have a fever. Just be patient with her. She also may not be aware of her surroundings or even why she's here. Try to keep her as stress free as possible." The doctor said as they stood outside two large double doors. Gabe nodded as Niecy, Bree, Michelle and everyone else followed behind.

Being the last one in, Gabe didn't want to see Case like this. He knew that seeing her all beat up would only make him angrier. He wasn't even sure if she wanted him here.

Truth is, she needed him. Now more than ever. Biting the bullet, Gabe walked in behind Rod. The doors revealed a smaller waiting room with just enough seats for them. Curtains were drawn separating the waiting room from Case's room. Pulling the curtain, the women surrounded Case as the men sat in the waiting room ducked off in separate corners.

Neither of them wanted to see her like this. Blocking Gabe's view, the women huddled around Case. Niecy softly stroked her daughter's face as she cried seeing the bruises along her jaw and the swelling of her nose. Bree stood on the opposite side rubbing her hand through Case's soft red hair.

The women immediately stopped their movements when they heard Case groan. It was soft so the men couldn't hear. Gabe stood closest to the door stuck like a deer in headlights unaware that Case was awake. He wanted to approach but his legs wouldn't move.

"Deuce!" She yelled in a whisper. "Shhhhhhh. He's with his Nana. He's okay. He hid just like you taught him." Bree said as she continued to rub Casey's head.

"Did I kill him?" Case asked in tears. Bree looked at Niecy unsure of how to answer. "Yes, but he deserved it."

"Good." Casey said seeming unphased. "He tried to warn me. I should've listened."

"He? who?" Bree asked confused. "Gabe. I should've listened. None of this would've happened." Casey cried.

"Don't worry about that. Get some rest." Niecy said as she continued to stroke Case's face.

Aware that Case was now up. Gabe was even more stuck than before.

"You good my nigga?" G asked Gabe as all the men focused their attention on him.

"Who's that? Where's Gabe?" Case asked her mom hearing the men talk from the other side of the room. Part of her hoped that he was here while the other part of her wasn't ready to face him or the truth. The women directed their attention to Gabe moving slightly so that Case could see him. Just as they made eye contact, Gabe's phone started to ring. He reached for it and slid it over to answer without looking to see who it was, all while he kept his eye on Case.

Her bruised face angered him. Her swollen nose hurt him. He wished it was him and not her. If he could pay to take the pain away from her, he would spend his last dime.

"Yeah?" He asked into the phone.

"How is she?" His mom asked.

"She'll be good. Where he at?" He asked not wanting to excite Case.

"He's sleep. I'll bring him up there in the morning."

"I'll see you then."

"Love you Son"

"You too."

"We'll give y'all a minute." Niecy said as she walked the short distance into the waiting room shutting the curtain behind her and the women.

"You act like we can't hear them. That shit ain't soundproof." G said causing everyone to laugh and Niecy to slap him in the back of the head.

"Shut up child. It's the thought." She responded. G continued the conversation to direct everyone's attention from Case & Gabe.

"Sit down. Why are you acting like that?" Case asked as Gabe stood away from the bed. He hesitantly approached and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Well since it's obvious you don't want to say anything. I'll start by saying I'm sorry for putting Deuce in harm's way. I'm not sure what he saw or heard but I tried my best to keep it away from him. I literally fought until I couldn't anymore. Everyone tried to warn me about him and I —"

"Shhh. Get some rest mama. You're good. My son's good. We're all good. That's all that matters. I just need you to rest." Gabe said as he wiped the tears from Case's face.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to push you away. Please don't be mad at me." Case begged. This was so unlike her and Gabe was thrown off. However, he knew that she had to be at a very low point for her to beg, which only hurt him more. The feelings of regret and guilt instantly rushed him.

"We good. Relax for me." Gabe said as he looked away from Case and to the IV machine that was pumping blood and fluids into Case.

"Can you cut the light off and lay with me?" Case asked causing Gabe to laugh. "I'll cut the light off but I ain't getting in that small ass bed. I'll sit right here though. I ain't going nowhere" Gabe said as he turned the light off.

"Please?" Case asked with pleading eyes. Gabe gave in and laid next to Case as she scooted over to the edge of the bed. Gabe laid on his back with his legs hanging off the bed while Case laid her head on his chest snuggling up close.

It's been five long years since they've been this close but Case couldn't fight the fact that the only place she ever felt 100% safe was in his arms. This didn't mean that they were back together or that they would be. This was only Case's way of admitting she needed him.

Gabe laid with his right arm behind his head while he rubbed his left hand through Casey's hair.

Pulling the curtain back, Niecy, seeing a sleeping Case, informed Gabe that they were leaving. As Gabe nodded, she couldn't help but smile at the sight before her. She felt better knowing that he was here. That was the only way she could sleep before coming back tomorrow. The women and Rod left, leaving Gabe, G and Mac to stay the night.