worrying and gossiping

“So, theoretically, what would it take for me to change your mind about there being an us” Jeremy asked as we played a game of pool.

“theoretically speaking?” I raised my eyebrows at him. I didn’t need to be a mind reader to know this wasn’t theoretical at all.

“yes” he laughed. I could see in his eyes that he knew he wasn’t fooling me for one second, but that didn’t stop him from trying.
“ok, theoretically you would have to buy me at least one hundred chocolate bars, and I’m talking the massive bars that are meant for ten people for a month. You would also have to supply me with a years supply of cherry cola cans... oh and let’s not forget a mountain of ben and jerry’s ice cream” I smirked.

“well that does seem reasonable” he laughed.

“I know” I shrugged then walked away from the pool table to find somewhere to sit and eat.

I was more than starving for human food. I wanted everything that I saw on the menu, but instead I settled for the ‘large truckers burger’ with extra onion rings and two helpings of chocolate fudge brownie sundae.

“wow you can eat” Jeremy laughed as I finished the second sundae.
“sorry, am I meant to be one of those stereotypical girls that take a couple of mouthfuls of salad then say they are full” I mocked.

“no, I like that you have a healthy appetite for food, its just you look like the stereotypical girl that eats salad” he shrugged.
“I work out” I shrugged back as the check for our food came.
“maybe we could work out together some time” Jeremy suggested as he picked up the bill and pulled out money to cover all of it.

“if you can keep up” I challenged.

“sweet” he grinned, handing the money to a passing waitress.

“and next time, dinner is on me... don’t think I’m letting you pay every time” I told him as we got up to walk to his car.

“I was about to say that” he chuckled.

I closed the front door with a huge smile on my face. The start of my night was terrible since Rose decided to have a romantic night with Em, rather than shopping with me. But it couldn’t have been much better really. Jeremy was going to be a great mate to have, even if I was going to have to leave him in a couple of years time.

“Eva, can I talk to you” Dad asked, walking into the kitchen.
“sure” I smiled, grabbing a juice from the fridge then closing it.

“the thing is, Edward left shortly after you...” he began.
“shock horror, Edward actually left the house” I grinned, trying to cheer up his sullen mood.

“he hasn’t come back and won’t answer the phone. None of us know what he is doing... has he contacted you?” he worried. I could hear his thoughts screaming loudly. He was worried that Edward had left town again, this time without telling anyone or taking me with him.
“he hasn’t left, I would have seen that” I frowned.