(40) You'll never be without me.

Chapter 40- You'll never be without me

"Kyle, I can't, I...I..." I stammered. Was he nuts? I couldn't marry him on impulse, but did I want to marry him? Did I want to spend the rest of my life with this boy? Of course I did, I couldn't imagine it any other way.

"Cali, I mean it, marry me," he demanded. I turned around in his arms until I was looking in to his eyes. The commotion around us didn't matter, the only thing that mattered was us.

"What's this going to accomplish? Why?"

"So your dad can walk you down the aisle, Cali, you just admitted that's what you wanted more than anything and I'm all for making your every dream come true," he reasoned. "You see, there's a chapel in the hospital, is there not?"

"Well yes but-"

"Well your dad doesn't have to travel far, only up a few floors, and he can witness his daughter getting married to me," I looked in to his eyes and they held every bit of determination.

"He only has a few days to live, Kyle," I stated as my lip quivered just a little bit. Kyle smoothed his thumb over my lip and it smoothed the quiver that formed.

"Marry me, tomorrow,"

"Tomorrow!" I spluttered. "How are we meant to plan a wedding tomorrow and all the clothes and the people, oh God Kyle you can't possibly think we could get married tomorrow!"

"I think we can do anything," he replied. "I've got everything covered, I'll plan it all you don't even have to worry that pretty little head of yours, you just stay with your father and I'll get this all ready," he explained as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"You think you can do it?" I whispered.

"I can do it, I'll do it for you," he stated. "I really want you to become my wife, Cali, more than anything I've ever wanted,"

"Me too,"

"Please say you'll marry me,"

"This isn't the most romantic place and the situation isn't spot on-"

"Please," he pleaded.

"Of course I'll marry you, I love you, Kyle, I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my life with any other person," I smoothed his cheek as I felt another tear fall on to my lap. "Oh crap I'm crying again," I laughed slightly.

Kyle took my face in his hands and brought his lips to mine. They were soft and gentle and everything I needed.

"Yes!" He breathed in triumph. "Yes yes yes," he repeated. Suddenly, he jumped up from the floor and brought me with him, he took me in to his arms and spun me around while I giggled.

"Okay, calm down!" I let out through my laughter. Kyle put me back down on the floor and breathed a sigh of relief.

"Fuck yes," he breathed against my lips. Just as he was about to kiss me again, a nurse tapped him on the shoulder. I stepped away from his body with a small smile.

"You're blocking up the corridors, I suggest you wait in the waiting room," the nurse suggested.

"We're sorry, we'll go back," I grabbed Kyle's arm with a giggle and led us to my father's room.

Tammy sat there on the chair beside him, holding his hand and telling him random stories.

"Hey," she breathed. "Are you okay?" Tammy asked. I nodded my head.

I felt ecstatic because I was getting married. I mean, I was seriously getting married. But then my heart sank because I knew my father was going to die and there was nothing I could do. It seriously was bitter sweet, and I didn't want my dad to go.