46

Find Home - The Honey Trees

"Graceful and wise, you were the one who woke my heart and kept it alive. You were the one who took my fear..."

ISABELLA

Everything was moving in slow motion. Harry's fist hit Chase's jaw in one quick punch.

I stood still. Absolutely still. My mind was yelling at me to do something: to scream, to move, to pull Harry away. To do something! But my body had other plans. I remained still. Absolutely shocked still.

"Harry!" Jaz screeched, breaking me from my statuesque state.

I looked up. My eyes widening at the scene before me.

Sonja was screaming. Her petite body running towards Chase's aid. He was sprawled on the ground as Harry threw in another punch. It was clear to us all that Harry was beyond mad. His anger was radiating off of his body. The muscles in his back moving with each punch. With each punch, he yells a string of profanities. Chase manages to throw in a punch to Harry's jaw, earning another hit to his own. Sonja remains by Chase's side. Poor girl.

"Ben! Do something," Jaz screamed once more. I was still standing still. My mind continuing to yell at my body to do something.

Even though I knew that I should stop Harry from fighting Chase, I couldn't help but not. Chase deserved every punch that he was receiving. He had done so many different things that had brought so much more destruction than the few punches Harry was giving him.

First off, Chase used me. He made me believe that he loved me when in reality, I was nothing but a lousy rebound. He had even gone so far as to nickname me after his ex-fiancee, making me believe that it was only a name that he had liked. When in reality, i was only a substitute for his lost love. He used me. Granted, you had used him too, that voice in the back of my mind reminds me. God, sometimes I hated her.

Secondly, Chase was a complete asshole towards Harry. Even though Harry as also at fault, he did not deserve the sarcastic and rude remarks that Chase was constantly throwing his way. Harry didn't deserve half of the things that Chase said to him. With that, I could justify the blows that he was receiving towards his jaw.

Without giving my body permission to do so, I had found myself running towards Harry. He was standing up, his body shaking in rage. He was holding his fist. It was bleeding; scratches scattered across his knuckles. I look at his jaw and notice a bruise that was beginning to form. Ben was holding him back while Sonja and Jaz tended to Chase. "H, calm down. Alright?" Ben continues to say in order to calm Harry down.

Carefully, I place my hand on Harry's shoulder. His body grows rigid until he realizes who I am. His face softens. Guilt and fear flashing behind his eyes. I give him a half smile. Ben looks at me but I only nod. He catches on to what I am trying to say and let's Harry go.

We walk towards the back exit. Harry doesn't say anything and neither do I. Everything seems to be a blur. Our motions slowed down. My mind is still racing from the previous events. Harry's knuckles continue to bleed as we walk towards my apartment door. "Let's get you cleaned up," I tell him quietly. He doesn't say anything as we walk towards my bathroom.

The apartment is quiet. Our lack of conversation adding on to the eerie quietness of the room. I flick on the bathroom light. Guiding Harry towards the closed toilet seat, I sit him down. Looking through the cupboards, I find my first aid kit. I pull out the necessary items to clean and sanitize Harry's cuts. "This is going to sting," I tell him as I gently wipe his cuts.

He hisses in pain. His face conturing to a grimace. "Sorry," I mutter as I continue to clean him up. "It's fine." He says to me, his eyes focused on my busy hands.