Chapter 27

Finished this chapter just in time to post it in H's 25th birthday!

Wishing everybody a lovely weekend!

Twenty-seven

"I can carry my own stuff, Harry," I said.

After almost five hours the tour bus finally made it to the SF Nob Hill Masonic Center parking lot.

When the bus finally braked, all of us started to get off our seats, stretching our limbs and gathering our things.

All of us except Harry that is, since he hadn't brought anything with him. Lambert and Lou had packed the clothing, makeup and hair stuff he'd need. And Adam was in charge of all the musical instruments and equipment the band would use on stage.

"I can handle your rucksack, Bliss," he retorted, "I have nothing with me and I like to pull my weight around tour."

"I don't like feeling useless," I replied, "I'm a grown woman, not a baby."

"Hopefully you'll be my baby" he whispered in my ear and started to walk off with my stuff on his arms.

I just stood there with a goofy smile on my face. Of course, I had been working with Harry long enough to know that he was the utmost gentleman and would always insist on carrying a lady's luggage for her. But now that things between us had been changing, I was unsure about what rules apply. I didn't want him to think I was the kind of woman who expects the man to do everything whilst she paints her nails. And there was also the fact of being other people around to consider. We had had The Talk, we were supposed to be in a relationship, but we hadn't talked about whether we would be telling people or not, I mean we hadn't even had sex yet.

I was afraid that he would appear to be paying too much attention to me, and people would begin to wonder. Luckily things had worked out well, as Adam carried Clare's suitcase, Lambert's boyfriend carried Lou's, and Mitch, obviously carried Sarah's. Harry carrying mine, seemed to be expected, besides everybody had been in a hurry to get off the bus they hadn't paid any attention to me and Harry on the back.

Clearly, they all needed to use the facilities.

And of course, they were starving and wanted lunch.

I too wanted to take a wee, but Harry was near and I was holding it in. He didn't need to know about my bodily functions.

The time inside the theatre flew by. Maybe it was due to the fact that an empty bladder after a long road trip made me feel lighter. But mostly it was because of the constant- never-ceasing-activity since we set foot on the premises.

It had been six hours till show time when we arrived. Harry had been dragged on by his trainer for his workout, followed by a massage session. I joined in the workout, as did the rest of the band. Harry offered me his services as a masseuse, I declined because I didn't think I could control myself with his hands all over my naked body, even if it was covered by a towel.

A delicious salmon lunch came afterward. Followed by sound check.

I took a seat in the almost empty theater watching Harry and his band on stage tuning their instruments, mucking about a bit. Some crew members were scattered around, ready to jump in and fix anything that might not work properly.

A curtain dropped with the same design as Harry's album, pink with flowers and petals floating around as if drifting in water. Soon a spotlight was thrust into the curtain, and Harry's silhouette could be seen. He was holding his guitar and the first chords of "Ever Since New York" could be heard.