Chapter 29

Yesterday was this fluff ball's birthday. ^^

"You're birthday is today," You glance up at Jungwoo from across the cafeteria's table. "Is there anything you want? We can go out and I'll get it for you."

He smiles lightly, pursing his lips as he looks down and fiddles with his fingers tips.

"I do, of course." He sighs with a slight grin.

You nod, taking an tangerine slice into your mouth. "What do you want?"

"But you can't buy this from any store."

"What?"

With a soft gleam in his eyes and a wide smile that was so cute you could melt, he says, "Your love?" He tilts his head.

You almost choke on your fruit and swallow quickly, letting out a strangled cough. Holding back your startled, but also flustered expression, you glare up at him.

He still smiles innocently, brushing his hair back as if his comment didn't affect you. You calm yourself and beam weakly, gaining yourself control.

You're surprised you're not used to it yet. He always says the most cutest, dumbest, yet funniest things all the time. Honestly, you don't know why he's like this.

That's Kim Jungwoo for ya.

"What do I have to do to show my love for you?" You ask, deciding to play along with him.

Jungwoo turns his head to the side, tapping his cheek with his index finger and you couldn't help but find him adorable.

You sigh, getting up from your seat to lean across the table and give him a quick peck on the cheek. He smirks in satisfaction.

"Happy?" You say, returning your bottom back to your seat.

"Very."

"But seriously, what do you want?" You question, picking at the tangerine peels on your tray. "I'll get it for you."

"Anything?" He inquiries.

"Anything." You verify.

"A house."

"A house? Why?" You whine.

"You said anything." He says with a cheeky grin.

"Anything I can afford!"

He frowns, crossing his arms while he glances down at your hands. By the unsure look on his face, you could tell he's thinking.

Hopefully, it isn't something too expensive as always. Every year when you ask what he wants for his birthday, he always says something that's over the amount you have in mind.

He snaps his fingers, signalling has something in mind. "How about a-"

"Kim Jungwoo, I'm not buying you a car." You cut him off and he pouts.

"I wasn't even going to say that..." He mumbles.

"Oh? Then what?"

"Never mind," He frowns. "Just take me out to eat or something."

"You don't want a gift? Just food?" You ask him and he nods.

"It taste better when you're with someone," He states. "You, Sana, and I. Dinner date. Tonight."

"Fine, my treat."

"Good, cause I wasn't thinking about paying anyway." He huffs.

"You never pay anyway."