Chapter 39

Yujin's POV

The circumstances to which I was woken up to were overwhelming to my newly awoken self as I struggled to process everything at once.

On the one hand, the sound of heavy banging was resounding through the apartment from, presumably, the front door. Whoever it was seemed very persistent.

On the other hand, a face was nuzzled into the crook of my neck, placing an array of butterfly kisses that tickled my hyperaware skin and sent shivers throughout my—indeed, exposed and indecent form.

Groggily, I peeled my eyes open to glance down at the messy brown hair that belonged to none other than the man burrowing against my flushed skin so early in the morning. I could feel his warm smile against my collarbone as he sensed my now-conscious form and my lips titled upwards sweetly.

"Good morning." I murmured though a sleepy smile.

"Morning, love." He rasped in response, hot breath hitting my neck allowing for flashbacks of the night before to replay through my mind. I clenched the sheets against my naked form at the memories.

Another bang.

I stifled a yawn. "Are you going to get that?"

Jungkook didn't move from his place tucked against my chest as he replied, unbothered, "No, it's probably just hyung."

I giggled. "Okay, but which hyung?" I wondered as I brought a hand up to comb through Jungkook's hair, lightly scratching his head and causing him to shut his eyes at the delightful sensation.

"I don't know, one of them. And I don't particularly happen to care which one." Jungkook pushed himself into his elbows, his face hovering above mine as he threw a leg over to carefully straddle me. "Not when I have you here all to myself looking like this." His tongue stuck out at the corner of his lips as he marveled me. I couldn't help my eyes tracing over his bare, defined torso, as well.

Yet another bang, this time accompanied by a muffled "Yah!"

I grinned. "And as enticing as I'm sure my morning breath and morning-after hair may seem, someone seems rather impatient out there." I patted Jungkook's shoulder as he gave me a disappointed pout. I bit my lip as he pecked my lips briefly before rolling off of me, and the bed, proceeding to shuffle out the bedroom door.

I took the chance to quickly throw on the first garments I saw, those being a baggy crewneck and my leggings from yesterday. Thankfully, my foot wasn't feeling too painful, and as long as I didn't apply serious pressure on it I could almost walk at a decent pace. I quickly wrapped some bandaging around it before deeming myself sort of presentable.

I ran some fingers through my tangled hair as I exited the room to gauge the situation. Still standing at the entrance was Yoongi, accompanied by Hoseok (who I assumed was behind the incessant knocking), and behind them were the rest of the guys. Jungkook had a hand on the door knob as he glared at them with a frustrated, annoyed look.

Yoongi observed my discomposed form with a smug look as I neared them. "Break in the new house already?"

I grimaced. "Don't be gross." I ushered everyone inside, offering to make tea which they all accepted graciously as they filed into the living room.

After I distributed some mugs and made sure everyone was settled, I sidled next to Jungkook on the loveseat, allowing him to pull me into his side with his arm hooked around my waist. He tucked his chin atop my head.

"It's too early for this, what do you guys want?" He addressed the 6 men lounging around. Jin shot him an unimpressed look.

"Yah, you think just because you got your own place you can forget formalities? I did not raise you all these years for this." He crossed his arms, rolling his eyes and Jungkook snickered. I flicked Jungkook's side.

"We just wanted to check up on you guys after you never returned last night." Namjoon stated as he eyed us with a playful, knowing gaze. "Plus, I wanted to remind Jungkook that we have an interview today with the rest of the guys."

Jungkook heaved a sigh. "I'm well aware, hyung, but we're not supposed to leave until noon."

Yoongi's lips curled into a smirk as he remarked, "Well, smartass, it's currently 11:30, so..."

Jungkook's eyes widened as he abruptly sat up. "What?" Jimin flashed him his phone to confirm the time, and Jungkook ran back into the bedroom while exclaiming, "Shit!" I, along with the rest of the guys who I just observed to be fully dressed and prepped to go, chuckled at his flustered state.

I crossed my legs on the couch. "How long will you guys be gone for?"

"Only a few hours, we'll be back for dinner." Hoseok assured and I smiled.

"This is so fun, living next to each other! We can always hang out, plus now we can turn Jungkook's room into that gaming room we've been talking about!" Taehyung exclaimed giddily as him and Jimin began to plan out the room.

Jungkook soon returned, now properly groomed and dressed, and he and the rest of the guys stood up to leave. I walked them all out, bidding them farewell and pecking Jungkook's cheek before shutting the door. There was an uncomfortable silence that filled the space as I was left to my lonesome, not at all used to having this much room to myself. I decided to clean up all the mugs, which only managed to waste around 5 minutes.

I sighed, hands on my hips, as I stared around the apartment. What now?

A sharp knock answered my question for me. I quickly strode towards the door, not bothering to check who could be on the other side as I swung it open, hollering through a chuckle, "What could you possibly have forgo-"

I shut my mouth quickly at the individual who stood timidly in front of me, gaping at a sight I had not been expecting.

"Mom?"

~*~

very boring, so sorry
ALSO- thoughts on the new cover?