Chapter 9-Sophie

Fitz liked Linh. Fitz liked Linh. My head pounded and my heart sank. Fitz didn't like me! I should have known that Fitz wouldn't like me if Linh was around. Perfect Linh. Beautiful, sweet, kind Linh. I growled and cracked my knuckles. Linh. 

Keefe's thoughts went into my head again. There are plenty of other good looking blond elf boys with awesome hair that like you in the sea, Foster. Did that mean that Keefe liked me? Why else would he say good looking blond elf boys with awesome hair? Keefe liked me?! 

I didn't know how to feel. Sure I had always cared about Keefe, but I thought of him as a brother, not as a boyfriend or a crush.   

Keefe glanced at me and I quickly looked away. Biana must have sensed that I was uncomfortable about something because she spoke up. 

"Hey, guys," she said. "We're all fifteen and above right? I feel like we should get our match lists!!!!!"

Fitz groaned. "Biana!" he said. "To get our matchlists, we have to fill out a super long form and I really don't want to do that."

Surprisingly, Linh spoke up. She had been so quiet that I haven't even realized that she was still in the same room as us. "I think Biana's right Fitz," she said. "We'll have to do them sooner or later, so why not sooner and get it over with?" 

Keefe nodded. "Then, after we get our matchlists, we have to have or WInnowing Galas. That'll be exciting," he said with sarcasm.

Biana got on her hand and knees in front of Fitz. "Please brother!" she begged. "What have I ever asked from you? What have I ever done that would make you say no to your sweet, innocent, little sister!" 

Fitz rolled his eyes. "Well, for one you snuck into my room and stole all my hair products. Then, you and Keefe stole Mr.  Snuggles from my room 10 times." I stifled a laugh. 

Biana rolled her eyes. "Fine, I'll play hardball," she said. She smiled at Fitz. "If we can't get our matchlists, I'll Tam you know what!" I looked at Fitz and Biana curiously. Then I sighed. Oh. The secret was that Fitz liked Linh and they didn't want Tam to know. 

Fitz bit his lip and glared at Biana. Tam was looking at Fitz very suspiciously. Dex once again was looking at his Imparter, looking as if he really wanted to make a call.   

"Biana!" Fitz said. "You said you wouldn't do this!" 

"I never promised," was all she said back. 

Fitz sighed. "Fine," he said. "We'll get the forms tomorrow and fill them out, okay Biana? Happy?"Biana nodded, smiling.

Tam glared at Fitz suspiciously and we all went to bed.