■ FIFTEEN ■

■ FIFTEEN ■

All I felt was incredible pain throbbing in my head and behind my eyes. Slowly, I opened my eyes and shied away from the bright sunlight that filled the room. Where the hell was I? Sighing, I tried to sit up but a clinking noise and a sharp pain brought me back down to earth when I turned my head and saw that I was tied to the bed.

I was literally tied to the bed. The door to the room opened and I looked up to see the Vampire King walk in, he didn't look at me. I closed my eyes and evened my breathing, while thinking about floating on clouds. "Your majesty, what are we going to do about the treaty?" Another male voice asked, making me jump.

"Celene, I know you're awake" the King's deep voice said, making me open my eyes.

"If you knew that, then you would untie me from your bed!" I replied.

The other vampire smirked. "No, you will not be untied until you can be reasoned with" the King replied.

I scowled. "But to answer your question Jamison, it's not my intention to break any treaties and my vampires are quite rehearsed in what happens to them if they do break the treaty," he replied, walking over to glass table.

I shook my hands against the bedpost and tried to break the chain as the Vampires continued to talk and ignore me. Pulling my hands again, I winced as the metal dug into my skin. "Leave us" I heard the King say.

The other vampire bowed and glanced at me before leaving the room. "So? Are you finished sorting that stuff?" I asked, wincing against my arm began to hurt.

"I can't always have my attention on you," the King replied, bending over the table.

"Well I don't ask for your attention, I don't even fully understand why you're so interested in me"  I replied, still trying to escape my grips.

The King turned around to look at me. "I thought it was pretty obvious" he replied as he walked towards me slowly.

I frowned. "Obvious? Reading you is like trying to read a book in a different language, pointless and boring" I snapped back.

The King chuckled. "I do enjoy it when you try and insult me, it's entertaining" he replied, his silver eyes drifting across my body.

"Eyes are up here, jerk" I said, making his eyes snap to mine.

A smirk crossed his face. "I've lived a very long time, met people of all stature and you think your simple insults have an effect?" He asked, tilting his head.

"Bragging about being old, how classy" I replied, looking away.

His smirk widened. "Hide behind your sarcasm and quips all you want, I know what you're thinking and feeling," he trailed off.

The King began to walk away but I clinked my hands against the bed post. "Seriously, give me an honest answer Mekhi, why me?" I asked, sitting up as much as I could.

He whirled around at the mention of his name and he was beside me in seconds, pressing a hand to my mouth to shut me up. "Do not use my name out loud" he hissed.

I narrowed my eyes at him before opening my mouth and biting his palm. The King pulled his hand away and glared at me. "Did you just bite me?" He asked, surprised.

"See, you don't like it, do you?" I asked, rattling my chains.

He gave me a look. "Answer my question, my Lord, why me?" I asked, looking at him.

He turned away and walked over to the window, closing the curtains. The King seemed silent. "Wow, great conversation" I muttered to myself.

"If you want me to answer one of your questions, answer one of mine" the King said suddenly, turning to look at me.

I raised an eyebrow. "Why do you feel so drawn to me?" He asked, his hands folding in front of him.

Blinking in surprise, I stared at him. "Drawn to you? If you haven't noticed, my Lord, I'm trying to get away from you but you're always there to drag me back to whatever hell hole you want me for" I replied, angrily.

"You cannot lie to me Celene, I can read your thoughts and I know how much you despise me and I also know much you want me, I can hear it!" He exclaimed.

I scoffed. "Fear is a powerful aphrodisiac" I replied stiffly.

"So you fear me? Good, you should be very afraid" the King replied.

I rolled my eyes. "You want to know why I'm so drawn to you? Because my life is a mess! I get drawn to things that want to destroy me, it's my own intention to ruin my own life, because I hate it!" I exclaimed.

He studied me. "Now you know why I chose you" he replied quietly.

I breathed out. "You chose a girl that wants to kill herself?" I asked bewildered.

"No, I chose a woman who battled against all odds and still flourished in the dark, I wanted to be guy who brought her out and put a crown on her head!" He exclaimed back.

"That doesn't make any sense" I replied, flopping back onto the bed as he sighed angrily.

"It means, I wanted someone who knew what it was like to be alone, and forgotten, I wanted someone who everyone treated like crap but underneath that hard exterior was someone who just needed to be loved!" He yelled.

I stared at him. "You wanted someone like you, before you were this hard granite King" I figured out.

He closed his eyes. "Untie me" I said gently.

Raising his head, he moved towards me and undid my ties. I quickly moved to the edge of the bed as he undone my other hand. "You're free, you can go" he said simply as he went to move away.

I grabbed his wrist and forced him back to me. He frowned. Standing up, I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him, holding tightly. Mekhi stiffened. "You're not alone anymore" I said against his fabric.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm hugging you," I replied.

"Why?"

I squeezed him tighter. "Because you aren't alone Mekhi, you have me and I'm not running anymore" I said, pulling away to look at him.

His eyes looked vulnerable, and I reached up to push back his hood. His black hair fell in his eyes and I brushed it away gently, my fingers touching his skin softly.

He closed his eyes. "All you had to do was ask, there was no need for violence" I said, referring to the times he'd hit me.

Mekhi opened his eyes. "I know, I'm sorry" he breathed out.

Lifting a hand, he took ahold of my chin gently. "Help me" he said softly.

I saw the years of loneliness catch up with him in his eyes and I nodded. "I will" I replied.

Without warning, Mekhi crashed his lips to mine and cradled my head between his palms. There was not a bone in my body that fought back, he'd been honest and open with me.

I kissed him back.

A/N
As promised!
A Chapter!

What did you think about the King's raw moment, was he telling the truth or just manipulating Celene again?
I guess we'll find out...

Don't forget to vote and comment!
I wonder what's gonna happen with the next chapter?

Lots of love, Tavana xoxox and as always, stay awesome bros!