Chapter 26

So many people hate Clover so much lolol. I love you guys.

First half of this book is so confusing and weird.

Y'all probably know that this is slightly inspired by a movie.

Also, Wattpad changed a lot...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matthew 5:6-8
"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God."

Landed safe and sound. A few scratches here and there, but you'll be fine. For now, you have to run. With Connor by your side, you began running away into the woods. You can already hear your kidnappers shouting at each other, informing the rest that you had fled.

"How are we going to lose them?" Connor looked at you, then at the roads. He didn't know how to answer that. He looked down and noticed that the ground's wet.

"It must've rained not too long ago. We're creating footprints, they'll find us." Connor said, stopping.

"What are you doing??? They'll find catch up!"

"Retrace your footsteps. Step on your footprint." Connor said, starting to walk backwards.

"What---" It took a while, but you got it. This is to deceive the enemies. They won't be able to find you because the footprints are gone. You did what he asked you to in the first few steps, then you both went off the road, making sure you won't leave any footprints this time.

It must've been just a drizzle here, because the ground under the trees weren't as moist and muddy as the one in the road. That's good for you, since it won't leave very obvious traces.

"How are we supposed to contact the others??" You asked Connor, forgetting to plan this part of the escape. "Can you contact them, Connor??"

"I can communicate them, yes, but there's less likely signal here in the woods."

(Walking Telephone.)

"Let's just try. It's better than nothing." Connor didn't say anything, but you knew he agreed to the plan. You couldn't tell if the Antártes guys knew what you were trying to do or not. It was nerve-racking, but you knew the only choice you have now is to run.

Eventually, when you both think it's safe, you both slowed down. Your breathing was slightly labored, but you're fine nonetheless. Connor was walking around in circles. His LED turned yellow.

"Hello??" He called. You looked at him, hoping that he successfully contacted them. "It's me, Connor! Hello???"

"Are they answering??" You asked, Connor simply narrowed his eyes in response.

"I can't tell..." All Connor hear was static. He couldn't tell if the others hear him or not. "If you can hear me..." Connor looked around. Behind all the trees, he can tell there was some kind of manor or building in the distance. "Meet us at the building that's slightly off the road." Again, static. Reluctantly, he ended it and looked at you.

"I think it's best we should keep moving. Find the others and then we can get out of here." Connor didn't say anything. Instead, he took a slowly took a step forward.

"Do we......have to?" What he said surprised you. What does he mean by that?

"What do you mean..?"

"Do we have to find them...? We can just....leave them and escape by ourselves." Your eyes snapped wide in anger.

"Are you kidding me?? Of course we have to! What do you mean by leaving them? I can't do that!"

"Detective, this is exactly why you always get hurt! You're too kind!"

"And that's a bad thing? And don't call me that! I'm seen criminal now!"

"For a person who's seen as a criminal, you're too weak for this world! You're least likely capable to be an officer! No one in this world can survive in no less than a second should they have your personality!"

"....Excuse me?"

Connor just said you're weak.

You thought he changed. Well, I believe he did change, for the worse. "What the actual hell, Connor?? What's wrong with you?! You're always so cold and merciless! If you're asking me how I survived until now, then let me ask you one thing: How can you live as a cold-blooded, merciless android? You never showed empathy once in your life! You never hesitate to hurt other if it benefits your mission!" The last word that rolled out of your tongue suddenly triggered you. "....Now I see why you don't care about anyone. You care only about your mission, right? Well, if you love it SO much, THEN MARRY IT AND LEAVE US ALONE WHY DON'T YA!" Connor suddenly took a step forward, and you took a step back.

" (Y/n).." Clenching your fists tightly, you examined his each and every move.

"Connor, I'm tired of you right now. You...you always walk away with that blank expression. It's as if you never cared for anyone at all! You always tell us how you only focus on your mission and I--" The prototype grabbed you by the shoulders. Without any warning, he forcefully placed his lips against yours, taking away your first kiss.

You couldn't feel anything in that moment. It was just...fear and anger. The kiss was forced, like he only did it to shut you up. You tried to push him away, but he only pulled you closer. Nothing could make Connor let go of you at that time. You're angry that Connor even had the nerve to do that to you. You're afraid because...he wouldn't let go of you. He was....so controlling.

You didn't even know if he liked you that way or not. You couldn't tell if the kiss is insincere, or he didn't know how to kiss properly. At that moment, it was confusing for you. You wanted to pull away, but Connor wouldn't let you..

Eventually, you were able to push Connor away. He stumbled backwards. Looking at you, he simply fixed his attire. You looked at him with an unreadable expression.

Silence was your only friend, yet it feels like it could backstab you any minute now. The fact that Connor stared at you as if nothing happened...boils your blood.

"....If you don't like helping the others....then feel free to leave.." You finally said, walking past Connor, who didn't even care at this point. Right now, he just wanted to escape and end this. He didn't bother stopping you.

You won't listen to him, right? Then so be it. He won't help you now. He won't bother you anymore.

So, as he turned to look at you one last time, he turned to the opposite direction and walked away.

You felt broken and cold, and no one else knew what happened. He thinks you're weak? We'll just have to see about that.