⚜Prologue⚜

Oh Here We Go Again!

❇❇❇❇

They worship at her shrine, they bow down at her feet. Wherever she goes, they know who's in charge.

❇❇❇❇

It had been two days since Isabelle had arrived in the Crescent City and she could already tell the dynamics of the circus that was going on here.

She had taken the two days to stay hidden and observe because she had always known that New Orleans had a unique supernatural order. Note the sarcasm.

The guy she met when she first came to New Orleans to find a solution for Elena's sire bond was supposedly the king of the Quarter and he had a small army of vampires who were always at his beck and call.

Marcel wasn't bluffing when he said that she could ask around for him because literally everyone knew who Marcel Gerard was.

It turned out that he had ruled over every citizen the city had. From authorities to locals and even the witches. However, what she hadn't yet discovered was how did he manage to control and stop the witches from practicing magic. Yeah, she had found out that practicing magic was punishable by death in the city.

And today, she had woken up missing Elijah just as any other day but with a heavy heart, she pushed her emotions to the back of her mind. 

She knew that Elijah was just a part of Katherine's evil plan but she just couldn't come to terms with it. 

And how could she even try, given her history with heartbreaks? 

For now, she just wanted to live peacefully in the jazz capital of the world and enjoy the famous Gumbo for as long as she intended to stay in the Quarter.

Today she was going to make her presence known in the city. Everyone was following Marcel's rules but now that she was there to make the city her new home, Marcel ought to know that the Queen was here.

Just a moment before she was about to get out of her lavish house in the French Quarter she felt a lift tug at her body as she felt her magic lift up from her and vanish. 

She stared at the mirror in shock when she saw her eyes turn violet before turning black with veins coming down from them as a hunger gripped at the insides of her throat making it raw and coarse. 

That was when her eyes fell on the calendar and her eyes turned wide as she realized what the date meant in Arcadian terms.

The Doomsday.

"YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!" Isabelle shrieked in frustration because from this day until the next six months, she could not practice magic or access her portals or her weapons, all except her Electrum Whip and her compulsion. 

The Doomsday was the day Lilith had left the Angel Realm and created the Downworld. It was a day of loss and sorrow. It was a day the realm mourned the loss of it's Queen and when Demons got a place to rest their heads. 

The Doomsday, as Raziel had named it, marked the beginning of the mourning period for all Angels. Once in every century, for a passage of six months, the Angels would shed off their powers and angelic abilities and render themselves to the life of a mortal.